Creature Features

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
I grew up in the Chicagoland area and we had Creature Features on the weekends....those great old scary movies hosted by a strange guy in a costume. Lots of fun! How about you? Did you grow up with a fright night? Tell us about it! What movies were your favorites?

42359209_748014512241700_7169367802296401920_n (Small).jpg

I grew up with a couple such hosts, Dr Creep in Dayton, and the Cool Ghoul in Cincinnati. Of the two, I preferred the Ghoul, especially as I got older. His act was more polished, and far more entertaining.

Reactions: Debi
The closest we had was a late Friday night feature called Don't Watch Alone. At first us kids weren't allowed to stay up but when my folks realised how bad these movies were they relented. I loved them though, old Hammer horror movies, B&W classics...

Reactions: Lynne
The closest we had was a late Friday night feature called Don't Watch Alone. At first us kids weren't allowed to stay up but when my folks realised how bad these movies were they relented. I loved them though, old Hammer horror movies, B&W classics...
Hammer movies ! Oh good Gravey ! I am an absolute fan. "The Shadow of The Cat " was a favorite. But then again I had a cat named Shadow.:cool: Her ears perked up when she watched that movie.:)

Reactions: Lynne and TonyM
Hammer movies ! Oh good Gravey ! I am an absolute fan. "The Shadow of The Cat " was a favorite. But then again I had a cat named Shadow.:cool: Her ears perked up when she watched that movie.:)

Hi Paint! Good old fashioned B movies in colour but very entertaining for me as a kid

Reactions: Paintman
ahhh... those were great....the Friday night frights...lol... and of course the back to back episodes of night gallery and the twilight zone.....oh and the outer limits

ahhh... those were great....the Friday night frights...lol... and of course the back to back episodes of night gallery and the twilight zone.....oh and the outer limits
I loved the Outer Limits best of all. Some of the monsters were wonderful!

I loved the Outer Limits best of all. Some of the monsters were wonderful!

Outer Limits, Twilight Zone, and Night Gallery - they all freaked me out.

In Southern California, in the late 60s, we used to have "Moona Lisa". She was a less campy version of Elvira.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
Paintman and I grew up with Svengoolie.

Svengoolie - Wikipedia

Here's something really great - the opening to the very first episode of Son of Svengoolie on WFLD Channel 32. Introduced in voiceover by Jerry G. Bishop (the original Svengoolie, 1970-1973), who passes the "torch" to Rich Koz.

Hey Deb, can you play Svengoolie Voodoo Number 5 ? It's my holiday tradition. It's on YouTube.