Creation Myths From World Religions Explained

I didn’t make it past the first page of this article. The author starts with the assumption that all creation stories are myth. He approaches religion as just stories.

Reactions: Paulm and ozentity
I find it interesting that all cultures have a belief system from the remotest tribes to the biggest cities. I think it is way deeper than myth and coming from the same source but misinterpreted in most cases.

I find it interesting that all cultures have a belief system from the remotest tribes to the biggest cities. I think it is way deeper than myth and coming from the same source but misinterpreted in most cases.
agree that a lot has been misinterpreted. the very beginning most can agree on. after the first people i think is where it gets muddy. there were other people besides Adam and Eve. Cain found a wife in a land east of Eden. He also had to wear a mark so as not to be harmed by those he encountered. different peoples, different ideas, different interpretations. the creation story is the story of life. God creates man, teaches man, keeps man safe, man has children, to them he is god, he teaches them, keeps them safe until they have children and it repeats. the circle of life. are we re-born into this circle or cross over to an afterlife, what is that afterlife.....pieces of each belief can be found in the next, finding and placing all the pieces is the hard part.

Reactions: Lynne and ozentity
are we re-born into this circle or cross over to an afterlife
I have a really strong feeling that everyone in your life is connected by some kind of web, often non family are closer. Whether these people are with you in an after life or we repeat in different forms I can't sense but I feel we have lessons to learn before we get there.

Reactions: Paulm and Lynne
agree that a lot has been misinterpreted. the very beginning most can agree on. after the first people i think is where it gets muddy. there were other people besides Adam and Eve. Cain found a wife in a land east of Eden. He also had to wear a mark so as not to be harmed by those he encountered. different peoples, different ideas, different interpretations. the creation story is the story of life. God creates man, teaches man, keeps man safe, man has children, to them he is god, he teaches them, keeps them safe until they have children and it repeats. the circle of life. are we re-born into this circle or cross over to an afterlife, what is that afterlife.....pieces of each belief can be found in the next, finding and placing all the pieces is the hard part.
I agree. You and Oz make good points.

Reactions: Paulm and ozentity