COVID-19 Information updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, I have lost several good friends to it including a good friend's husband. We also have members here who have had it or have a family member who has had it. One even has it now. Poor Benway had it twice. You are lucky to live in an area that has been lightly touched by it. Glad you got your vax.
Yes Michigan has been hit hard. I am south of Detroit and that area was seriously bad. They even lost the police chief.

Get the second dose, Lynne. The side effects are less with Moderna, so they say, and are annoying but easily managed. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I would simply plan one day "off" for the second round and you should be able to function fairly normal soon after. Some people have zero side effects...keep that in mind.
Oh yes I have my appointment date.

I wonder why some places are hit so hard and others seem to be missed. I am sorry for your lost friends Debi. I suspect that IF we were to get hit here I would lose some friends too. When you get to my age and you have a lot of other friends that are your age that this is inevitable.

As I approach 70 I seem to spend more and more time in hospitals. Most of the males in my family don't make it much past 70. Many don't make it that far. I am pretty isolated and live out in the country on 3 acres that are fenced. My daughter and her family live beside me and I don't go out a lot other than fishing. The good news is that fish can't give me anything and my fishing buddy is healthy as a horse.

If you had the J&J vax, don't panic. It is still effective. This problem occurred in a very, very small percentage of people and within three weeks of the vax. It occurred in younger women, between ages 18 and 48. Of 6.8 million doses given, 6 cases of blood clots and 1 death. They are doing the pause, and rightly so, to further investigate. Please continue to get one of the other two options for vaccines.

Last edited:
I heard this on NPR while my wife was seeing the doc today.

7 cases out of 7 million doses is literally one chance in a million.

Your chances of dying from COVID are much higher than that.

It's no solace to those who developed clots, but it should allow those who already had the shot to have a little perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.