COVID-19 Information updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is just odd how some areas are hit so hard and others much less affected. You would think that we would have really high rates, there are in the big urban cities, but then nearby you will have places that are somehow missed. It isn't going to hit here now. They are offering free vaccinations to any that want them. I got mine ahead of time because they first offered them to old and people with health issues. I was a twofer there. If you don't get it now it is mostly your choice. My entire family has been vaccinated now.

An excellent article with good info. Also hidden in that lower down on the page is a link to another article I think we are going to find timely.

This brings up a whole new issue for many of us who have now gotten their vax. How do we move forward? There are some of us with a bit of PTSD from this past year...and it's normal for the situation.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Honestly, I wasn't all that worried about it before I got the Vaccine. Now I don't think about it at all. For whatever reason, it has not hit where I live all that hard except in a few of the prisons. I don't personally know anyone that has had it and only one of the people that I know knows anyone that had a bad time with it.

I am theoretically one of the people that it might have been hard on. The thing is that people with problems are watched closely and we were the first to have the vaccine offered to us. I have wondered if the type of people and the primary occupation that lives here might be part of why it has not hit here as hard. The primary employer here is the state. Between the University and 9 big prisons that adds up to a LOT of people.

The nice thing about that is that while the state is not the highest pay in the world it does have good benefits so most people have good health insurance and sick leave. If you get sick you go to the doctor and get paid anyway. That means that nobody waits until they are BAD sick before getting medical care.

Even the prisons have done pretty well with it. They can isolate infected prisoners and those that were exposed and they get 100% compliance from everyone when the vaccine becomes available. Even with the vaccines free, it is amazing how many people are too lazy to go and get it. If they have to stand in line for 10 minutes they just don't go. Honestly, if they get it and die, that is called evolution in action.

Reactions: Paintman
The county I live in is ending it's mask mandate tomorrow under political pressure, the state epidemiologist is advising that masks continue to be worn but the real estate agents, lawyers and business people we elected to our legislature all think they know more than trained scientists and doctors.
Businesses may elect to continue to require masks and they are required for any gathering over 50 people, but masks will no longer be generally required in public settings. Too soon, IMO, the entire state has only vaccinated about 1/3 of the population and only a fraction of those have had a complete course.

I fear another surge in a week or two.

The county I live in is ending it's mask mandate tomorrow under political pressure, the state epidemiologist is advising that masks continue to be worn but the real estate agents, lawyers and business people we elected to our legislature all think they know more than trained scientists and doctors.
Businesses may elect to continue to require masks and they are required for any gathering over 50 people, but masks will no longer be generally required in public settings. Too soon, IMO, the entire state has only vaccinated about 1/3 of the population and only a fraction of those have had a complete course.

I fear another surge in a week or two.
Our mandate lifted on the 6th. We are already seeing the hospital admits climbing...sigh.

I got the Maderma , I am hoping it is the same results.
Get the second dose, Lynne. The side effects are less with Moderna, so they say, and are annoying but easily managed. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I would simply plan one day "off" for the second round and you should be able to function fairly normal soon after. Some people have zero side effects...keep that in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.