COVID-19 Information updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom probably caught covid last February on vacation in Boca., Florida.
One of her doctors was convinced that she never caught the virus. The other one was completely convinced that she caught the virus.

Brain trust. I never saw her so sick. She is 75 years old and has some pretty doggone good genetics. She eats like a champ and gets tons of exercise.
Her illness was a mess and before anybody really knew about Covid she put down her bad symptoms as a reaction to codeine in her cough medicine.

Reactions: Debi

We are in a surge here in my area. I called today to see when the drive thro for med pickup would be open again at my Kroger pharmacy since it has been closed for 3 days. I was told flat out they are working on a skeleton crew, closing early at 6 because they don't have a pharmacist to cover, have only one register open for pickups inside and recommend wiping down all med packaging. Also, the store itself is at half crew as it has spread so badly. That's ONE store in my town.

The local nursing homes have a lot of cases again, the schools have a lot of teachers out with it, the hospital is filling up again, and I have two personal friends down with it...both high risk not doing so well at the moment.

Please, don't fall into the pandemic fatigue syndrome. I hear people saying they're just tired of Covid. Well, folks, ignoring it is not going to make it go away. Pretending it can't make you ill doesn't make it disappear. Do the simple things that can help stop this thing....mask up, social distance.

Reactions: Benway and Duke
My doctor's office is severely understaffed, and forget about hold times when calling the pharmacy! I heard the term "Caution Fatigue" which explains why I am seeing people leaving their nose exposed over the mask, or simply carrying one around.

I know I've mentioned this recently, but once again, I urge members to at least lay in a few supplies if you have not already done so.

Reactions: Benway and Paulm

U.S. DEATHS: 231,227

I know I've mentioned this recently, but once again, I urge members to at least lay in a few supplies if you have not already done so.

My local Sam's was down to just a few large packages of both toilet paper and paper towels when I went this weekend.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
Reactions: Paintman
I'm still seeing shortages of rice and the pasta aisle is getting picked over now.
My local Sam's Club was a madhouse.

I'm still seeing shortages of rice and the pasta aisle is getting picked over now.
My local Sam's Club was a madhouse.
Yup. I had built up the pantry so I won't have too much impact, but when they start the ration thing I worry a bit. Cases have risen drastically here and my nursing friends report almost full hospital beds of covid again. My heart goes out to the front line docs and nurses. They are exhausted.

Status
Not open for further replies.