COVID-19 Information updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reactions: Paintman
I used to be the range officer at my country clubs skeet range. There is nothing more frightening than first time gun owners. Especially when you are in charge of everybody else's safety.
Ooooh, I gots storeez.
Paint, we should trade stories sometimes...lol.... I used to train people, now, just people i know....give someone a gun and they think they are Rambo...lol. the people who admit they are clueless are great, the others, are terrifying....lol. what is just as bad are actually some of the people who claim to be instructors, ive seen some stuff that just makes you go..."hmmmmm, seriously?, wonder where he learned from?"... or some of the things they tell people just to make a gun sale....

Paint, we should trade stories sometimes...lol.... I used to train people, now, just people i know....give someone a gun and they think they are Rambo...lol. the people who admit they are clueless are great, the others, are terrifying....lol. what is just as bad are actually some of the people who claim to be instructors, ive seen some stuff that just makes you go..."hmmmmm, seriously?, wonder where he learned from?"... or some of the things they tell people just to make a gun sale....

When my daughter and I took the state of Ohio's mandatory concealed carry course back 15 years ago, there was a mother/father/son family there who scared the hell out of me. It was bad enough hearing some of their questions/comments during the classroom portion of the class, but on the range their were flat out dangerous. I told the instructor, a retired Ohio State Patrolman, we would not shoot when that family was on the line. He seemed embarrassed, and moved us to the next group. Thankfully they didn't hurt anyone or themselves, but I've often wondered if they went out and bought guns.

Last edited:
119213872_3624679277551153_4737329649030589614_o.jpg

Last edited:
the rally should have been cancelled, but honestly, how far do you go, it is an event a lot of ppl depend on and without support of some type its their livelihood. the bars and entertainment for this rally is all a lot of ppl do the whole year, it is huge. they make more in those 2 weeks than a lot of people make all year long. and their employees count on this to survive. (not a lot to do there the rest of the year....lol) its the same as any tourist area, the beach areas count on the summer tourists to survive the rest of the year. but to close all tourist areas down is death to the economy and to those areas and businesses, which in a lot of places are still "mom and pop" type stores or services, not big corporate entities.. I dunno. I saw where it originated from a tattoo studio where one of the artists was infected, I agree he should have been made to stay home, should have taken that upon himself, but at the same time without unemployment or help and faced with making more money in 2 weeks than hes gonna make all year, its only human nature to take care of yourself and family first..... the " you gotta do what you gotta do" method of thinking..... im by no means justifying it, just kinda playing devils advocate, sorta...something has to be done if this is going to be controlled on any level, all the govt, infighting is not going to get any better as long as its able to be used for political gain on both sides.
Where I am (Peterborough, England) we just had Truckfest go ahead. It's an annual thing with big trucks and monster trucks, rocket cars, etc and a major festival. It was one of the first major events to go ahead in the UK and was totally reorganised, in collaberation with health advisers. Reduced tickets, moving everything outdoors, social distancing. It seems to have worked, as it went off with no massive outbreak. You don't have to choose between non-existence and viral disaster. Things do need to be carefully organized though. Things don't have to end but they must change. It's like I went to the pub for the first time since this started now and I sat outside and they brought my drinks out and handled payment outside instead of in. Inside, they ditched the pool table and moved the tables further apart. The chip shop, you wait your turn outside, then go in wearing a mask. Then you go back out with a beeper and it goes off when the foods ready. Go back in and pick up.
What I'm saying is, is that this is a weird time; and also that the economy can keep going and livelihoods be saved, but with a few changes. It's not a kill or cure situation.

Where I am (Peterborough, England) we just had Truckfest go ahead. It's an annual thing with big trucks and monster trucks, rocket cars, etc and a major festival. It was one of the first major events to go ahead in the UK and was totally reorganised, in collaberation with health advisers. Reduced tickets, moving everything outdoors, social distancing. It seems to have worked, as it went off with no massive outbreak. You don't have to choose between non-existence and viral disaster. Things do need to be carefully organized though. Things don't have to end but they must change. It's like I went to the pub for the first time since this started now and I sat outside and they brought my drinks out and handled payment outside instead of in. Inside, they ditched the pool table and moved the tables further apart. The chip shop, you wait your turn outside, then go in wearing a mask. Then you go back out with a beeper and it goes off when the foods ready. Go back in and pick up.
What I'm saying is, is that this is a weird time; and also that the economy can keep going and livelihoods be saved, but with a few changes. It's not a kill or cure situation.
I agree, for most events there are precautions that can be taken, sturgis though, and Daytona bike week are different, these aren't closed events, there's no admission or tickets, they envelope the whole city, just 1 to 2 weeks of thousands upon thousands of ppl showing up and partying city wide, theres not enough hotels in sturgis to cover the rally, temporary campgrounds pop up to accommodate the crowds....and these cities thrive and depend on these events. It is up to all the individual businesses in these cases to self regulate, unfortunately this didn't happen at sturgis.

As the Covid-19 death toll continues to rise, we pray for the research scientists working on a vaccine against this virus.

119699232_3640119539340460_4629823943915296565_o.jpg

The vaccine will work if everyone receives it but with people refusing to even wear masks because it's their civil right what are they going to do,tie them down and needle them?I'll stand at the back of the line with this and wait for a bad reaction to the shots.

Reactions: Duke
Status
Not open for further replies.