COVID-19 Information updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has got to be the most baffling virus ever.
It's so new we continue to find out more about it each day. I have to say they are actually making real advances in figuring it out in such a short time. Normally, at this stage in a disease, it's a slow process that takes years to get this far in the study of it.

The next study suggests that kids have a higher viral load than thought.

It's so new we continue to find out more about it each day. I have to say they are actually making real advances in figuring it out in such a short time. Normally, at this stage in a disease, it's a slow process that takes years to get this far in the study of it.

The next study suggests that kids have a higher viral load than thought.

German study finds no evidence coronavirus spreads in schools

And this study suggests just the opposite. So who do we believe?

Reactions: Benway
I have seen conflicting reports here in the USA as well. I really don't know what to believe. At first they were saying that the virus lives on inanimate surfaces for a long time, then they were saying that it isn't transmitted that way. :confused:

Reactions: Lynne
In answer to your question, Duke, of " And this study suggests just the opposite. So who do we believe?"....

What I've been trying to do is look for several studies that might actually give weight to one side or the other. There is a South Korean study supporting this latest study. Then we have the studies clashing with only older or younger children being tracked.

But what it comes down to is we don't know enough. I do believe we are about to find out.

I have seen conflicting reports here in the USA as well. I really don't know what to believe. At first they were saying that the virus lives on inanimate surfaces for a long time, then they were saying that it isn't transmitted that way. :confused:
Yes, it does live on surfaces, Garnet, and can be transmitted that way. The CDC came back to clarify that awhile back.

OK, here's the deal. This little virus doesn't just fly around with little wings on it's own. It needs a ride. Whether that ride is through globlets or spray or mist it's riding something wet to get to where it goes. It lives "in" that little airplane of "stuff" it's riding on. If the "stuff" lands on something, it continues to live for awhile. That's where and how you get transfer. (That's as simple as I can make this.)

Masks are not supposed to stop your breath or air. They stop the "stuff"...from incoming and outgoing with their little virus riders.

And spray...

1596238592986.png

Reactions: garnetsilver
Yes, it does live on surfaces, Garnet, and can be transmitted that way. The CDC came back to clarify that awhile back.

OK, here's the deal. This little virus doesn't just fly around with little wings on it's own. It needs a ride. Whether that ride is through globlets or spray or mist it's riding something wet to get to where it goes. It lives "in" that little airplane of "stuff" it's riding on. If the "stuff" lands on something, it continues to live for awhile. That's where and how you get transfer. (That's as simple as I can make this.)

Masks are not supposed to stop your breath or air. They stop the "stuff"...from incoming and outgoing with their little virus riders.
That's a great description!

Reactions: Debi
Status
Not open for further replies.