COVID-19 Information updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

The researchers believe this mutation is approximately 10 times more infectious than the original viral strain and just as deadly.
Oh good. Swine flu is back, murder hornets, mutant rats, economic collapse, race riots and on and on. Really this sort of news is overdue. If there's one thing I can't stand it's a slacker apocalypse.

Reactions: Paintman
I've always tried to be a good reporter about what I'm seeing on the ground day to day. I shop at a grocery store across from a big Medical Center. All of the sudden those Hospital workers are all masked up. And keeping their space. This is not because I have cooties. I think that the people who have a need to know are taking extra precautions.

My county hugs Chicago, and that place is a big giant mess. Zero leadership. I swear it's almost like they're doing this on purpose. That may be the last place in the country to get off of a lockdown and for what?

Reactions: Benway
I've always tried to be a good reporter about what I'm seeing on the ground day to day. I shop at a grocery store across from a big Medical Center. All of the sudden those Hospital workers are all masked up. And keeping their space. This is not because I have cooties. I think that the people who have a need to know are taking extra precautions.

My county hugs Chicago, and that place is a big giant mess. Zero leadership. I swear it's almost like they're doing this on purpose. That may be the last place in the country to get off of a lockdown and for what?
Because...the news is not good...

They say multiple studies demonstrate that particles known as aerosolsmicroscopic versions of standard respiratory droplets — can hang in the air for long periods and float dozens of feet, making poorly ventilated rooms, buses and other confined spaces dangerous, even when people stay six feet from one another.

You guys may find this interesting. I was listening to the radio and the local talk show host was describing some Financial guys who visited his home to discuss estate planning.
They related that the future of their business is to work from home.
Their company has a long-term lease in a beautiful building in Chicago's Financial District. They also did a two million-dollar remodeling job.
And they are going to walk away. Work from home. I think there's some big societal implications from how covid-19 is going to shake out.

Reactions: Benway and Debi
You guys may find this interesting. I was listening to the radio and the local talk show host was describing some Financial guys who visited his home to discuss estate planning.
They related that the future of their business is to work from home.
Their company has a long-term lease in a beautiful building in Chicago's Financial District. They also did a two million-dollar remodeling job.
And they are going to walk away. Work from home. I think there's some big societal implications from how covid-19 is going to shake out.
I agree. My son works for CAT. They have instructed their employees to work from home until at least September, and to set up for a possible permanent at home work situation. My son, due to his position, was already fully set up with an independent dedicated server in home. I agree, Paint...this is going to have some huge implications for society as a whole.

Reactions: Benway and Paintman
U.S. COVID DEATHS PASS 130,000...

It's being reported that the government would like us all to become "numb" to the numbers. I refuse to do so. For every one of those 130,000, there was a person. A mother, father, brother, sister, grandparent, co-worker, friend.

I just found out about the 4th loss of someone I knew well. A delightful lady of 61 who used to volunteer for me. The one before that was 59 and a surgical tech. The one before that was a housekeeper who worked for a family member who was 55. The first one was someone who was a friend for years. All lost in the last 4 months.

Reactions: Benway and Duke

Most of these hospitals are located in Pinellas County. I checked with my son who lives there and he says the hospitals are just slammed right now....and more expected to need care coming in. These are not small hospitals, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.