COVID-19 Information updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utilitarianism in practice now.......or is that the solution when a solution is beyond the horizon.
That's what it appears to be, Paul. And headed there fast. Until the next spike.

We are finally beginning to get the testing here so I expect the number of confirmed cases in Texas to take a sudden big jump. I think that we are about to be quarantined. Someone, where my Daughter works, is sick and if she tests positive they will send my daughter home for a two week quarantine period before she can return to work.

She is past ready for this. Most of the people under her have been working from home for several weeks but they wanted the supervisors there. She is working 6 and 7 days a week trying to keep an office that should have a half dozen people going with her and one other. The State wants paper copies of everything and that is not something that you can do from home. She doesn't get paid overtime. She will theoretically get comp time but she never takes that time off and already has a couple of months worth so that doesn't mean much to her.

People are getting tired of this stay at home stuff here and are ready to just go back to work. At some point, we are going to have to deal with it. the stay at home has slowed the spread but in the end that is all that it is going to do. In most places that are not on Long Island, the hospitals are handling it pretty well. That was a big worry that the hospitals were going to be so overcrowded that they couldn't keep up. NYC has been slammed by this but most other places have not had anything even close to the problems that they are still having there.

This has shown clearly that the megacities are not very well prepared. Honestly, I've tried to run the numbers and keep coming to the same thing from several directions. There is some kind of problem with cramming people into a small area. At first, I thought that it was just crowding in the sense of numbers but the numbers didn't fit that, Then I thought about air pollution but that didn't work either. Then I looked at mass transit. There is no way to make crowded mass transit not a mess but even that didn't match the numbers.

I am beginning to wonder if there isn't something about the type of crowding that we see in places that grow UP instead of out that may weaken our immune system. There is more air pollution in crowded places, people that live in apartments can't very well avoid any human getting close to them. The noise and constant assault on the senses that you become unaware of but is there nonetheless is a stress maker. I also wonder about the unseen and never talked about things though. When you are in a big city in a massively developed place you are being constantly bombarded and battered by all sorts of electrical and magnetic fields. It is a little like living in a low powered microwave. There are all sorts of low wattage microwave transmissions and radar waves.

When microwaves were first "invented" they were called Radar Waves because the guy that first noticed that these waves will heat things was a radar technician and he noticed that even n the cold of the north that chocolate bars melted if he was working around a radar system while it was powered up. Why are they not called Radar Ranges anymore? Because the early microwave ovens that were sold under the name Radar Ranges cooked people. In those days they were like your stove's oven and you could just open them and reach in without turning them off. People would reach in and check things and stir them and it didn't hurt or anything. After a while, though it killed the nerve and eventually caused something like leprosy where you started losing fingers. MASSIVE lawsuits bankruptcy and that was the end of radar Ranges. Microwave Ovens have, tell me three times, or more redundant safety switches that ensure that no hands can enter an open oven.

The point of this is that I wonder what the low but constant bombardment that you have in the giant metropolitan cities might be doing to our bodies. Why is the mortality rate so much higher in the big cities than it is in the smaller cities. Our hospitals are not better I assure you. ??? All questions. This might also be one of those forbidden pieces of knowledge that are out there. Some things are not allowed to be said or talked about. ??? Just a wandering thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.