COVID-19 Information updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw, I did get a haircut yesterday. Only the two barbers and their individual customers were allowed in the shop. No waiting chairs or newspapers/magazines, your stayed outside until the guy ahead of you left. Between customers, the barbers washed their hands, sprayed Lysol liberally on and around the barber chair and disinfected their clippers, combs, scissors, etc. My barber told me they have a non contact thermometer on order, and once it arrives they will take the temperature of all incoming customers.

I asked for both a haircut and beard trim much shorter than usual as a hedge against another possible closing due to the upcoming spike in COVID cases. The good news is I no longer look like the caveman from the Geico commercials, the bad news is I look like Yasser Arafat, minus the keffiyeh.

Btw, I did get a haircut yesterday. Only the two barbers and their individual customers were allowed in the shop. No waiting chairs or newspapers/magazines, your stayed outside until the guy ahead of you left. Between customers, the barbers washed their hands, sprayed Lysol liberally on and around the barber chair and disinfected their clippers, combs, scissors, etc. My barber told me they have a non contact thermometer on order, and once it arrives they will take the temperature of all incoming customers.

I asked for both a haircut and beard trim much shorter than usual as a hedge against another closing due the upcoming spike in COVID cases. The good news is I no longer look like the caveman from the Geico commercials, the bad news is I look like Yasser Arafat, minus the keffiyeh.
I'm glad to hear they are taking the proper precautions. I am for opening up in the right way. It's those that have the mindset of "it's over and I'll do as I damn well please the heck with you" that I have issues with.

And hey....the caveman look is trending...lol

Reactions: Donna K.
"The executive order, which takes effect on Friday, mandates that all residents wear a facial covering while in “public indoor settings . . . "

Outdoors I see perhaps 20 percent wearing masks now; indoor public places, I saw 100 percent on my last grocery visit. I only go to indoor public places once a week at most, so not much data for me.
It is not mandatory here and my son reports other than the workers he's interacted with, he sees very few with masks on from the customer side of it. I'm hearing a lot from the health care people begging everyone to mask when inside to protect the workers. So many are asymptomatic and don't realize they are contagious, yet I hear many saying, "I'm not sick so I don't need to wear one." People, it is not only a risk for others it's simple common courtesy right now if you are in an enclosed space. The mask you wear is not for you, it's to protect others from what you might have...whether you know you have it or not.

Reactions: Donna K. and Benway
It is so strange how different places are having such different experiences with this COVID-19 virus. Where I live it is drying up and fading. We now have a lot more recovered than active. The number of people with it now has dropped from about 175 to 85. We have had three deaths but they were all older like 65 to 85 with previous serious health issues. We are opening up. The restaurants and stores are open and many businesses are back to work. Most people are not wearing masks; 25% or less. We are not paying close attention to the social distancing and yet it is fading out fast. My party was a great success and we are talking about next month's party already.

I honestly believe that there is something VERY wrong about the numbers coming out of NYC, Detroit, and Chicago. I think that anyone that dies even in a car wreck if there isn't a test that eliminates them as having it, it is listed as a COVID death. Our death rate for COVID is minuscule. The mortality rate in the military is .38%!!! Is the health care systems in those big cities like a third world country or what?

People with health issues or that are older need to take care but for most healthy people this isn't much different than the flu.

Reactions: Paintman
It is so strange how different places are having such different experiences with this COVID-19 virus. Where I live it is drying up and fading. We now have a lot more recovered than active. The number of people with it now has dropped from about 175 to 85. We have had three deaths but they were all older like 65 to 85 with previous serious health issues. We are opening up. The restaurants and stores are open and many businesses are back to work. Most people are not wearing masks; 25% or less. We are not paying close attention to the social distancing and yet it is fading out fast. My party was a great success and we are talking about next month's party already.

I honestly believe that there is something VERY wrong about the numbers coming out of NYC, Detroit, and Chicago. I think that anyone that dies even in a car wreck if there isn't a test that eliminates them as having it, it is listed as a COVID death. Our death rate for COVID is minuscule. The mortality rate in the military is .38%!!! Is the health care systems in those big cities like a third world country or what?

People with health issues or that are older need to take care but for most healthy people this isn't much different than the flu.
You are having a different experience of it in your more rural setting, Dan. As for my state, the numbers are correct as they are only reporting the tested positive for Covid in the official stats. Those that are "presumed" are not added in. And we have had an uptick here again since we opened up two weeks ago. We have also had some younger people without any past health problems get hit really hard. We had a very young nurse on a vent who did recover but who is still experiencing a lot of after affects. You don't hear much about those people in the reports, but there are a lot of them who have "recovered" but are still fighting the inflammatory problems of blood clots and blood work being way off for weeks to months. We have also had kids and young adults triggered into this type of problem as well.

Now, it's possible that different mutations have hit different areas as well. We know this has happened in several areas of the world.

I'm sorry, but from a medical perspective, ask anyone who has dealt with this virus it is nothing like the flu. It has a whole different body attack which is much worse and much longer lasting with after affects in about 20% who survive it after a hospitalization from it. THAT is something that has never really been put out there on the MSM. I've talked with nursing friends on the front lines of this and a doc or two who are friends from my past. That is straight from those dealing with this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Benway and Paintman
Status
Not open for further replies.