COVID-19 Information updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicago Police Break Up Wedding Party During Pandemic
Tex, there are sections of major cities that are absolutely ungovernable.
While you would never hear this on the news, there are sections of Chicago that are cordoned off. Otherwise there are many Chicago cops that decided to go fetal. They have little to no protective gear, and are poorly led by political actors. Morale is shot.
They have no desire to fine a little old lady $500 for walking her dog, meanwhile the county jail was emptied out.
That last part hits home for me because I live on the Indiana - Illinois border and a neighboring County emptied out there jails. These people are not traffic scofflaws or in the drunk tank overnight. Bad dudes.
Tex it sounds like your daughter is a real trooper.:)

EWaBGvLVAAAIU_9

social distancing only works when you do it.

Thousands of Californians flock to open beaches despite Gov. Newsom's pleas for them to stay home | Daily Mail Online

We are finally beginning to get the testing here so I expect the number of confirmed cases in Texas to take a sudden big jump. I think that we are about to be quarantined. Someone, where my Daughter works, is sick and if she tests positive they will send my daughter home for a two week quarantine period before she can return to work.

She is past ready for this. Most of the people under her have been working from home for several weeks but they wanted the supervisors there. She is working 6 and 7 days a week trying to keep an office that should have a half dozen people going with her and one other. The State wants paper copies of everything and that is not something that you can do from home. She doesn't get paid overtime. She will theoretically get comp time but she never takes that time off and already has a couple of months worth so that doesn't mean much to her.

People are getting tired of this stay at home stuff here and are ready to just go back to work. At some point, we are going to have to deal with it. the stay at home has slowed the spread but in the end that is all that it is going to do. In most places that are not on Long Island, the hospitals are handling it pretty well. That was a big worry that the hospitals were going to be so overcrowded that they couldn't keep up. NYC has been slammed by this but most other places have not had anything even close to the problems that they are still having there.

This has shown clearly that the megacities are not very well prepared. Honestly, I've tried to run the numbers and keep coming to the same thing from several directions. There is some kind of problem with cramming people into a small area. At first, I thought that it was just crowding in the sense of numbers but the numbers didn't fit that, Then I thought about air pollution but that didn't work either. Then I looked at mass transit. There is no way to make crowded mass transit not a mess but even that didn't match the numbers.

I am beginning to wonder if there isn't something about the type of crowding that we see in places that grow UP instead of out that may weaken our immune system. There is more air pollution in crowded places, people that live in apartments can't very well avoid any human getting close to them. The noise and constant assault on the senses that you become unaware of but is there nonetheless is a stress maker. I also wonder about the unseen and never talked about things though. When you are in a big city in a massively developed place you are being constantly bombarded and battered by all sorts of electrical and magnetic fields. It is a little like living in a low powered microwave. There are all sorts of low wattage microwave transmissions and radar waves.

You are right on so many points here. Texas numbers are going to up because of the testing. I really can't wait until everyone gets tested because the averages are going to show a much better picture. I don't think Abbot is going to shut us down. It has been a month and a half and everyone is dying to get back to work. I walked outside to do yard work today and none of my neighbors are home. 2 went camping,the other went to OK to visit.

Mass transit is right on the nose. You can't keep a virus from spreading when you are packed in a bus.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
The thing about Social Distancing is that people are as usual using it to be asinine and rude. When you see a group of people together you don't know what you are seeing. There is no reason for me to distance myself from my wife and family in public if we are one family living together. If you will stay away we are fine. People with big families are getting abused because when you have 6 kids your grocery needs are not going to be the same as a couple.

We have not done the same sort of distancing as they have in a lot of places. When you live someplace that doesn't use mass transportation there is little need to stay in your house. When I go someplace I'm in MY car and no threat to anyone. The stores are doing good about not allowing crowds and most of the restaurants are doing a booming take out business now.

Even at the beach as long as you spread out from other GROUPS your group can have a good time without being a threat. Eventually, people are going to have to accept risk. This isn't going to end suddenly. I imagine that eventually most of us will get this. Like the flu it may fall off when it warms but that will not mean that it is gone. As they learn how best to treat it the mortality will drop down some more. It is below 3% here now.

People are beginning to hurt. Finances are getting tough for a lot of people. LOL, a BIG problem is that most parents these days are not used to having to parent. I saw a lady at the store the other day and she looked like she had tried to pull her hair out. She had three kids with her and they were running WILD. Her eyes were beginning to glow RED and I could tell that she was debating the advantages of a nice quiet jail cell over having to go home with her little monsters.

One big change has to do with forced homeschooling. When your kid brings home a test and the kiddo had not done well the kids got chewed on for not paying attention or studying enough. Now, when a kiddo fails an online test Mom pats the kid on the head and says, we did the best we could. Maybe when this is over people will have more appreciation for our teachers. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.