COVID-19 Information updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve heard hydrogen peroxide works better than bleach and is safe.

Reactions: Phoenix
I’ve heard hydrogen peroxide works better than bleach and is safe.
You can use a cleaning spray or wipe that includes effective disinfectant ingredients, such as 62%-71% ethanol (ethyl alcohol), 0.5% hydrogen peroxide or 0.1% sodium hypochlorite (bleach).

Reactions: Lynne
Debi can you research - figure out this last surprise ? Articles are posting a surprisingly lower amount of deaths among Asthmatics. See articles in NY Times and others such as: "Asthma not common among COVID 19 patients who have died/ Physicians Weekly"

Two Main Factors to consider might include the following:
First, Is asthmatic Rx protective?
•Do you think this might be because some side effects of some asthma rx include blood thinning?
•Or other allergy meds impacts?
•Are studies indicating a pattern of rx such as singular (mononucle something inhibitor) or antihistimines first line asthma treatment is often simply : 1 inhaled cortical steroid (inhaler alone.) so is it the inhaled steroids (cst) & oral steroids? Or is it the long acting bronchial beta agonists (laba) etc such as advair etc maintenance meds? (For ex advair is a combination of laba, & cst)
•Do you have any analysis or information on this odd finding & reasons ?

Second, is it prior nurse & physician taught patient routine monitoring :rx behavior protective?
•Is it the prescribed asthma rx or the taught behavior? •All asthmics parents, and the children & teens themselves were trained by a local allergist to keep (lung)"peak flow charts" using breath out through peak flow measure indicating when to use a rescue inhaler, (not listening for wheeze, cough loudness or relative discomfort) utilizing cheap plastic "peak flow measurement device" instead while taking maintenance asthma rx.
•Many Asthmatic Adults were taught to utilize finger tip oxygen sensors & when to use rescue inhaler (during hazardous air quality.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Benway
SierraRocks, I can't answer your questions about meds, but this asthmatic is staying indoors 99 percent of the time. Perhaps others with lung conditions are doing the same and that's why we are doing better than the general population. If you have ever had to fight for a breath, you take warnings seriously.

PS: I take my oxygen reading each morning and my temperature twice daily.

Debi can you research - figure out this last surprise ? Articles are posting a surprisingly lower amount of deaths among Asthmatics. See articles in NY Times and others such as: "Asthma not common among COVID 19 patients who have died/ Physicians Weekly"

Two Main Factors to consider might include the following:
First, Is asthmatic Rx protective?
•Do you think this might be because some side effects of some asthma rx include blood thinning?
•Or other allergy meds impacts?
•Are studies indicating a pattern of rx such as singular (mononucle something inhibitor) or antihistimines first line asthma treatment is often simply : 1 inhaled cortical steroid (inhaler alone.) so is it the inhaled steroids (cst) & oral steroids? Or is it the long acting bronchial beta agonists (laba) etc such as advair etc maintenance meds? (For ex advair is a combination of laba, & cst)
•Do you have any analysis or information on this odd finding & reasons ?

Second, is it prior nurse & physician taught patient routine monitoring :rx behavior protective?
•Is it the prescribed asthma rx or the taught behavior? •All asthmics parents, and the children & teens themselves were trained by a local allergist to keep (lung)"peak flow charts" using breath out through peak flow measure indicating when to use a rescue inhaler, (not listening for wheeze, cough loudness or relative discomfort) utilizing cheap plastic "peak flow measurement device" instead while taking maintenance asthma rx.
•Many Asthmatic Adults were taught to utilize finger tip oxygen sensors & when to use rescue inhaler (during hazardous air quality.)
If the doctors and scientists haven't got the answer, I sure would not be the one to try and guess a medical reason for it. I have no research before me to make any ethical medical assumptions on this per medication/reasons. The only medical things I present here are taken from documented sources.

Reactions: Lynne
The thing that I have noticed about the COVID and both how it spread and the mortality rates is that places that have a lot of air pollution and a wet environment seem to have it worse. The other thing is that the numbers that we are getting are not really representative of the actual situation. That makes it hard to really make any good predictions or analysis of the situation.

A lot of the numbers about the numbers of confirmed cases of COVID in the various states are useless. In New York I suspect that if you die from any upper respiratory illness it is COVID...no matter what. Texas has a very low number of confirmed cases. That is because we can't get test kits and are 39th as far as the percentage of our population being tested. If we get sick and it doesn't make you abnormally sick we don't even go to the doctor. About the first of the year a bunch of people that I know had something that was most notable by a cough that just wouldn't let up. It took about a month to recover 100%. Several were tested for the flu and it wasn't the flu. we wonder now it it might have been COVID.

Once you get out of the big cities there isn't a lot of testing unless you land in the hospital. I know that until the last week or so if you wanted to be tested you had to make an appointment and go 50 to 70 miles to Houston. The good thing about the lack of testing is that we are not constantly inundated with bad news and are getting ready to go back to work. The New York mortality rate is over 7% the Texas mortality rate is under 3% ???

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
Status
Not open for further replies.