COVID-19 Information updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to have changed from fear/panic to something challenging/exciting but now it is just downright boring.I really feel the majority has little care for their neighbour and starting to see anarchy creeping in,with people just ignoring the isolation rules.Like spoilt little kids these same people whinge about a nanny state.
I agree restarting the economy is important right now. But it has to be done SAFELY. As you said, people just want to ignore the rules on how to do that. We have to do this as a team, not solo acts, imo.

OK, before I get back on my soap box.....I better go to bed! lol

I agree restarting the economy is important right now. But it has to be done SAFELY. As you said, people just want to ignore the rules on how to do that. We have to do this as a team, not solo acts, imo.

OK, before I get back on my soap box.....I better go to bed! lol
Get some sleep but get ready to get back on it,if it stops one person from spreading this it's a good day's work :)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...perience-ventilator/?utm_source=pocket-newtab

When we say people have "recovered", that does not mean they all go right back to "normal." Many will have lasting issues from it.
Yes! Not just people who were on ventlilators. I didn't get as bad as that, but my lungs are not the same as they were and I don't know if they will be again. I still wake up short of breath if I roll over onto my back in my sleep, I'm having to quit smoking and hayfever makes me short of breath too. I'm better than I was and out of danger, but lungs don't just magically grow back overnight after being invaded by a lung eating virus. I'm grateful for loratadine, menthol and an inhaler. I just take it day by day, exercise, breathe and remind myself that I could be flat out dead.

I'd want confirmation from another news source for that. There was an open letter published last week to Fox signed by a long list of journalists criticising Fox for repeating false stories about Coronavirus and urging them to fact check. I've read multiple reports from scientists saying that it's a naturally occurring mutation and shows no sign of being engineered.

Last edited:
Reactions: ozentity
I'm having to quit smoking
I'm glad your getting better Ben and sure you will improve.I quit smoking years ago and found Champix tabs made you feel like you were not a smoker and I was pretty addicted,good stuff.Madly have taken it up again and feel it in my lungs,Help Champix lol.

Reactions: Benway
What's the best way to lift a coronavirus lockdown? Germany could have the answers
Of the countries that went into a shutdown, Germany will be most interesting to watch. Of the countries that didn't, Sweden will be even more interesting.
while those two countries will be interesting to see how they play out, esp. Sweden, the problem is, is that ppl will make comparisons, and then it WILL be politicized which is very unfortunate..... comparisons just cannot be made due to way too many variables. what works there may not work elsewhere due to population, age of population, health levels, medical treatment tech. travel habits, etc... heck, what works in one state may not work in the next state for those very reasons....much less country to country comparisons....New York is a prime example, New York cities population relies heavily on public transportation, apartment life, frequent (daily) visits to various markets and elbow to elbow ppl on the sidewalks, prime area for a virus to get out of control..pushing elevator buttons after others , opening door handle after others, close proximity to coughs and sneezes, dense population etc.... not the same in, say, rural Kansas.....places just cant be compared.

Status
Not open for further replies.