COVID-19 Information updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in one of the Hot Zones right now, and our numbers are growing rapidly here. Yet, people are all over out there. It's that "it won't get me" syndrome. The "I'll just run in here real fast..." like the old 5 second law of germs don't count when something lands on the floor. You cannot outrun a virus! I know of at least two people in their 30's and 3 others in their 50's who have it right now and not doing well. They figured it was only the old folks. Well, if you look at the stats, there are a lot of young folks who end up on vents just to keep them alive because they believed it wouldn't be "them."

Stay home, people! We can end this MUCH faster if you stop believing this can't get you!

There is talk here of keeping the social distancing up for 2 years, even if the virus is under control in 6 months,I doubt humanity has experienced this before and am wondering if they will cope with this aspect.

Reactions: Benway
There is talk here of keeping the social distancing up for 2 years, even if the virus is under control in 6 months,I doubt humanity has experienced this before and am wondering if they will cope with this aspect.
I just listened to an update for my area, and we won't "peak" here until sometime in May. I think we are in for a very long haul on this.

Reactions: Benway and ozentity
I just listened to an update for my area, and we won't "peak" here until sometime in May. I think we are in for a very long haul on this.
With your insight and care I feel you will be fine,I wish everyone could be like that but some people don't seem to have the brains?,survival instinct? and are going to bring some of the careful people down with them.In a way the police whipping people in India for not complying may not be that brutal in this climate.

With your insight and care I feel you will be fine,I wish everyone could be like that but some people don't seem to have the brains?,survival instinct? and are going to bring some of the careful people down with them.In a way the police whipping people in India for not complying may not be that brutal in this climate.
Thank you for the kind words, Oz. I just don't know what else can make people take this seriously. There are idiots out there that still insist this is just a flu. Science evades them.

I think it may take seeing bodies on streets to convince some people.

I have to get milk and food this evening. My local shop is only 300yards away but I have not been out in over 2 1/2 weeks. I only go late in the evening when there are usually only one other person in there. I have waited out the idiots panic buying so things are sort of back again.

I was one of the first to wear a mask when they said you don't need one. I said give it 2 weeks and you will all want one. I have a few anyway because I service my own cars and use a spraygun - so why not use it? If it can filter out solvents then it is good enough.

I am putting my post through a 4 day quarantine - but why has this not been talked about? I think everyone should treat anything handled by others as contaminated. Maybe they lack the training or the understanding.

Reactions: Benway and Paintman
Maybe they lack the training or the understanding
Or, 'it can't happen to me ' mentality. The golf courses are open in most of the counties in the state I live in. Played yesterday. For the most part people were following the rules and taking separate carts or walking at a distance. No water coolers on the course and keep the flag in the cup when putting. .Keep distance in the pro shop when paying....

And then there was a group of Bros.:(
If you know the type you want to stay away from them whether there's a pandemic or not.:D And we did. Hopped around from hole to hole in no particular order. That's usually a no no. The course Ranger figured out what we were doing and came up to us. I told him I'm not getting 500 yards near those idiots.:p He said he didn't care. So we played a lot of holes in what seemed like our own private golf course. Never saw a soul for a few hours.

Reactions: Benway
92101826_2510062159254577_6591096751342485504_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.