COVID-19 Information updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long story short, the count more than doubled again in 24 hours.

The death toll from the new coronavirus now stands at 106, with the number of infections almost doubling in a day to more than 4,500. The rise comes as governments scramble to control the spread of the virus. Hong Kong is going to slash cross-border travel with mainland China

This is pretty worrying.

At Westmead hospital they have 4 people who have it and 6 have just been put under investigation.

The schools here say that if you have been to China please consider staying at home but they are not making them stay at home. Only some select schools are doing that.
I have 3 school age children under the age of 9 and today should be their first day but I’m not sending them. A boy in my daughters year went to China for the holidays a couple of weeks ago. I rang the school this morning and they said that this boy has to stay home for 14 days and go back to school with a medical certificate.
I’ll keep them home for today to see what happens at their school and make sure they are taking all precautions.
China has built a 57 skyscraper in 19 days. If anyone can build a hospital in 9 days it is China.
At the moment they said that there is no evidence here that is has spread from human to human, only people who have been to China. I hope it doesn’t happen here.
I feel for the people who are stuck in China now. It is so worrying how it has mutated.
A 21 year old student who studies at UNSW a university 20 mins from me has been on campus for about a week and just tested positive to this virus.

Last edited:
The schools here say that if you have been to China please consider staying at home but they are not making them stay at home. Only some select schools are doing that.
Not good enough by any stretch.I think it's all to do with the economy,they don't want the country to come to a standstill,if this virus gets out of hand, it will be very still.I think you are doing the right thing not sending the kids to school.

Yes I was abit confused but keeping them at home is nothing compared to what can happen. I have had them for the past 6 weeks a bit longer won’t hurt. I think they should just extend the closure of schools for an extra 2 weeks. We will see what happens

Reactions: ozentity
Status
Not open for further replies.