Could you live as a....

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Could you live as a minimalist? The new trend is to par down and have as few possessions as possible. Many are choosing to move into tiny homes and live life in a completely different way.

I've actually been parring down on possessions of late, and doing a fairly good job of ridding myself of excess "stuff". It's not easy letting go of some of it, but if it's not useful, why do I own it? It may be time for giant rummage sale! lol

So, could you par it down enough to live happily in a tiny home?

Photos-Tiny-Houses.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JoMama
Could you live as a minimalist? The new trend is to par down and have as few possessions as possible. Many are choosing to move into tiny homes and live life in a completely different way.

I've actually been parring down on possessions of late, and doing a fairly good job of ridding myself of excess "stuff". It's not easy letting go of some of it, but if it's not useful, why do I own it? It may be time for giant rummage sale time! lol

So, could you par it down enough to live happily in a tiny home?

Photos-Tiny-Houses.jpg

Currently working on exactly that: paring down years of stuff both stored in garage and in the house!

I could live in a house just like that one,and I would also need to have a 60 x 30 building to keep all my junk that I wont get rid of.Put all that on about 200 acres and I'll be great.:D
I'm thinking you may have missed the point here, Grinch! lol :p

Reactions: Grinchesbro
I know how to live on little and can if I have to. I'll be honest I like the comforts our lifestyles offer. I like air conditioning, plumbing, and my cell phone. I like the microwave and washing machines. So that was a long way of saying NO I am not a minimalist. I do need to cut the excesses in my life and de clutter.

Yes, and Noble & Grinchesbro came thru.:) Hey, as a contractor I need space for big tools and 500 gallons of leftover paint at a time, spray shop space, prep space, ........... But yeah, I could go Walden Pond real quick. I'm sorta doing that now, not outa choice:mad:, but happy as a clam with my setup:). Small, quiet quality vs. massive floor space is my new mantra. And a low monthly note.
I'm kinda proud w/ the way my remodel is turning out.
(I refinish old and antique furniture as inherited. Those days are over, but they need a place to stay.:)