Could the Bermuda Triangle effects be caused by spirits?

Rowan2222

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Could spirits be responsible for the Bermuda Triangle?

We rely on EMF detectors to detect electromagnetic disturbances that can be an effect of spirit activity, but long before those were invented it was common to use a Chinese Compass to detect spirits.

So if one spirit can affect a weak compass, what about if there are a lot of spirits?
Lets say that a previous civilisation built a city in that area of Bermuda, and whether it was a natural disaster, weapon or a meteorite managed to totally wipe it out. As any Jedi will know - that is quite a disturbance in the force.
Would all those spirits be able to influence magnetic compasses, electrical equipment and radio's today?

Could spirits be responsible for the Bermuda Triangle?

We rely on EMF detectors to detect electromagnetic disturbances that can be an effect of spirit activity, but long before those were invented it was common to use a Chinese Compass to detect spirits.

So if one spirit can affect a weak compass, what about if there are a lot of spirits?
Lets say that a previous civilisation built a city in that area of Bermuda, and whether it was a natural disaster, weapon or a meteorite managed to totally wipe it out. As any Jedi will know - that is quite a disturbance in the force.
Would all those spirits be able to influence magnetic compasses, electrical equipment and radio's today?
Rowan, how far back in the timeline do reports go for the Bermuda triangle? I've never followed back to when the reports started. I ask because of a similar kind of theory I heard recently on another paranormal topic that may (or may not) be related.

Reactions: Walking Goose
I'm not sure ether on that, but I think anyone crossing that area would be using a magnetic compass. Possible we are talking sailing ships in the 1700's at a guess?
Bear in mind a lot of ships did go down for many reasons all over the place due to winds and not knowing safe passage routes, and as there wasn't a legend by then it would be hard to find the official First one.
Would be interesting to find out.

Reactions: Walking Goose
I'm not sure ether on that, but I think anyone crossing that area would be using a magnetic compass. Possible we are talking sailing ships in the 1700's at a guess?
Bear in mind a lot of ships did go down for many reasons all over the place due to winds and not knowing safe passage routes, and as there wasn't a legend by then it would be hard to find the official First one.
Would be interesting to find out.
Hmmm....time to do some research! When did the legends first begin?

i thought the bermuda triangle legend started with the navy plane disapearance back in the 40's.... spain sailed regularly through it as far back as the 1500's. then the piracy era of the 1700's may have started a lot of superstition but most are explainable. a lot of the legend i think is just stories but are probably explainable with more natural explanations... makes for good story telling though. the waters through the triangle are some of the busiest shipping lanes in the world

very interesting hypothesis Rowan, I have never heard that before but after thinking about it why not? I just reread all the Carlos Castaneda books and forgot how wierd the world is on a daily basis,

Hmmm....time to do some research! When did the legends first begin?
just to the east of bermuda lies the sargasso sea, a sea within the atlantic itself. it forms an ocean gyre or vortex of sorts, was called the doldrums by sailers due to the loss of wind at times which could strand ships for weeks at a time. that area of the atlantic has quite a few weather phenomena that can possibly explain a lot of the tales or superstitions of sailers of old.

Reactions: Rowan2222 and Duke