Cooking Disasters

SteveDog, great read!
My brother was taking care of his friends dog one week during winter. He would visit his friends house twice a day to let the dog out. But this day he got stuck at the house in the middle of a blizzard. So he decided to ride it out and spend the night.
He puts a frozen pizza in the oven and promptly falls asleep on the couch. The smoke detector woke him up. No real damage outside of the ruined food and the house smelled like smoke everywhere. So now he's airing out the house in the middle of a blizzard.:(
In the midst of this frustration he decides it would be a good time to start drinking and cook another pizza. Same scenario he falls asleep on the couch and burns the pizza. Airs out the house one more time.
And then he did it again.:p
And a fourth time.:confused:
The irony is he has exceptional cooking skills. But like Lisa Simpson once said to Bart," Dad seems to have the worst luck when he's drinking."

I had a bad habit of picking up a hot pan without potholders a few times.
Confused baking powder with baking soda.

Jiffy Pop Popcorn. Anyone remember the smell? Especially as it burned on the bottom...every time because mom wanted to get every darn kernel to pop.

I made a pea soup from dried peas - took over 3 days and they were still rock hard. Even after blending it it was still very thick and didn't seem cooked, so I boiled it for another 6 hours. Eventually served it and it made us all ill.

Scottish peas - hard as sh*t.
Opened the pan the next day to this.
View attachment 24220
I think the soup s flipping you off lol.

My first time making spaghetti, I didn’t know the paste needed to be diluted. So I opened a bunch of those little cans! My poor husband did his best trying to eat it lol. 35 years later I have learned a few things lol.