Conversations with the Dead

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

I post this in Spiritual because I have a question for you. Around this time of year I read a lot about people trying to reach out to contact famous people on the other side. These people have no direct relationship with us, other than their celebrity status.

I can understand a mother trying to reach a child, or a child trying to reach a parent after they have passed. But do we really have the right to continue to "harass" famous folks who have crossed? It makes me think of being a paranormal paparazzi.

What say you?

I say no.I have recently contacted my gran or she me,I did it again after and while she helped I had a really guilty feeling of disturbing her,sort of a sad feeling.As for celebs that we don't know,I feel they have entertained us enough while here and deserve a quiet time now.

I post this in Spiritual because I have a question for you. Around this time of year I read a lot about people trying to reach out to contact famous people on the other side. These people have no direct relationship with us, other than their celebrity status.

I can understand a mother trying to reach a child, or a child trying to reach a parent after they have passed. But do we really have the right to continue to "harass" famous folks who have crossed? It makes me think of being a paranormal paparazzi.

What say you?
I think that for a large segment of the public celebrity status creates - whether appropriate or not - a form of familiarity. It’s very one sided of course because the public knows a lot about the famous person but they know nothing about us except what they see...no name, no birthdate, etc. Too often the living public reach out inappropriately to the living celebrities; you‘re right, the deceased celebrities have earned a quiet afterlife.

What say you?
Excellent article and very interesting. The medium is very talented and is able to put together what the other side is saying easily. I look forward to reading more of these articles. I am no stranger to mediumship as family members were spiritualists . It is interesting to hear her side of the story and also the real people pulling the strrings in this strange world. I hope their powers end once they gain the other side. I kind of think that water seeks its own level over their so if you are a real jerk at death and not interested in your family or the creator you are left to your own devices which may mean hanging around the living like a leech or facing the truth and moving on

From Bob Olson . Ever wonder whats going on in heaven, h>ll, purgatory This gentleman tells a story that I really havent heard before. Its kind of refreshing and meant o soothe the nerves of those who are grieving or facing a difficult time.

Reactions: Debi
We really don’t know if we are connecting with them or not. That’s not to say they’re not talking with something or someone. Idk if the famous person would think we were bothering them. They have the ability not to pick up the physic connection. They choose to speak if they want to. This particular article wasn’t written very well. I found it hard to read. It is fun to listen to these accounts and speculate though.

We really don’t know if we are connecting with them or not. That’s not to say they’re not talking with something or someone. Idk if the famous person would think we were bothering them. They have the ability not to pick up the physic connection. They choose to speak if they want to. This particular article wasn’t written very well. I found it hard to read. It is fun to listen to these accounts and speculate though.
I happen to agree with you Lynne. I'm not convinced ALL celebrities who have passed on want to be left alone. As you point out, they probably don't have to "take the call" if they don't feel like interacting. Also, if someone loved the attention of others in life, it seems logical that they would love it after they've passed away too. Obviously, one has to be respectful, but trying to communicate with a dead celebrity, in my opinion, isn't necessarily an intrusion on their privacy.

Reactions: Walking Goose
IMO people lie all the time. Why wouldnt a spirit? I believe some are honest and real but I think some are tricksters and shoudnt be trusted. We all will die folks, no one gets out of here alive Ive noticed. Its nice to know we still continue on as personality IMO and thats what many find hopeful. I hope she is happy and dojng well.

Reactions: Paintman