Conventions/Events

I've gone to a few sports memorabilia shows, but have never stood in line to meet any of the athletes or get an autograph/photo.

The only paranormal related event I've attended was the "Little Green Men" festival a few years back in Hopkinsville, KY. A bunch of yokels with more fingers than teeth, idiots in alien costumes, and a couple dilapidated carnival rides. Not a whoopty doo good time.

In March, a group of us will be attending this festival. It's literally ten minutes from my daughter's. Now if I can only find some mescaline. (Hunter Thompson fans will get the joke.)

I have spoken to more than a dozen TV/movie stars from days gone by on a radio talk show I listen to out of Boston every Saturday night. David McCallum, Barbara Feldon, Ruta Lee, Mark Goddard, Tony Dow, June Lockhart, Jon Provost, etc. They are usually promoting a book or some memorabilia show in New England, but McCallum and Feldon are regular guests.
Did you ever call in to Art or Heather's show?

I've seen that Hollywood trance before, usually pharmaceutically induced.

When I lived out in California a couple of friends wanted to be a bit mischievous and go play "ding-dong ditch" in another neighborhood. I told them that if we were going to play then we should play big and go try it at a house up in the Hollywood Hills. So we drove over to Hollywood and around some of the homes up there. One particular home looked enticing because there was a party going on. I convinced my friends that we should just go to the party, they were more than a bit nervous about it. I told them it would be fine and to follow my lead.

I walked right up like I had been personally invited, if anyone asked my name was Issac, Issac Carter. If you haven't heard of me yet, you would soon! I started smiling and saying hello to people, asking if they had seen Dave around because I needed to speak with him. And just like that a couple of high-school losers were at a Hollywood party. Unfortunately my friends were now visibly uncomfortable, worried about being caught. Which only increases the odds of getting caught because people start to wonder why these people look nervous and out of place.

We only stayed for about 10 minutes. One of my friends had gone to find a bathroom and came back begging to leave. Apparently there were a few people already in the bathroom doing coke on the counter. And he was pretty sure that one of them was Jack Nicholson.
Wow Great story!!! Now that took courage!

OK, Steve! We've got you your wingmen! Anytime you wanna try that again just let us know! lol

• Big Grin
Reactions: Stevedog
OK, Steve! We've got you your wingmen! Anytime you wanna try that again just let us know! lol
There is an added advantage to having an old guy as a wingman in such situations. If things start going sideways, I can grab my chest and act like I'm having a heart attack.

• Haha
Reactions: Stevedog
There is an added advantage to having an old guy as a wingman in such situations. If things start going sideways, I can grab my chest and act like I'm having a heart attack.
I'm not quite there yet, but my tentative plan is to address whatever authority figure shows up as either a doctor or nurse and act surprised that people are claiming the location isn't a hospital. When they start to get the hint that maybe this old guy is just "having an episode" I'll switch gears, complain that this is the worst pet store I've ever been in and will see myself out.

• Hands Clapping
Reactions: Lynne and Duke
I'm not quite there yet, but my tentative plan is to address whatever authority figure shows up as either a doctor or nurse and act surprised that people are claiming the location isn't a hospital. When they start to get the hint that maybe this old guy is just "having an episode" I'll switch gears, complain that this is the worst pet store I've ever been in and will see myself out.
I want video of this...lol

Reactions: Lynne