Conventions/Events

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Have you ever attended a Comic-Con or similar TV/Movie nostalgia convention?

Did you get to meet any of the celebrities who attended?

Is there a celebrity from back in the day you'd still like to meet at a convention or other event?

never been to any of the comic-con or numerous other similar conventions. been to a lot of car shows and conventions, things along those lines interest me more than the other. never really been a celebrity hound, lol.... and if i were to meet any id rather it be in a normal setting, not where they have to be fake in the name of staying "popular"

Never been to that type. I have worked boating conventions (AC Boat show and Philly Boat Show) and attended electrical conventions. Attended boat shows. Always ran into a guy who's house i wired years back. Super nice guy.

ive worked trade conventions also, just sucks the fun out of life altogether....lol
Yeah the Philly Boat show we had a nasty ice storm. I didn't think i was gonna make it out of the parking garage (no parking i was on outside level of course lol). I tried breaking some of the ice off say my mirrors..yep broke one of them lol. Never seen anything like that. My entire car (70 something Duster) was encased in ice.

Yeah the Philly Boat show we had a nasty ice storm. I didn't think i was gonna make it out of the parking garage (no parking i was on outside level of course lol). I tried breaking some of the ice off say my mirrors..yep broke one of them lol. Never seen anything like that. My entire car (70 something Duster) was encased in ice.
i used to have to do a southeast trade show every year, it was cool for a while but got old after a couple years. they can be fun when not working the booth and when you get a few hours to sight-see and just enjoy whatever city/state its in at the time. but the hectic non stop running and "mingling" for the other 8-10 hours a day sucks...lol.... they can be fun, but im glad i no longer have to do them. i like going to car, boat, and motorcycle shows, and knowing the inner workings of them is cool

I have never been to a movie or tv fan type convention, however I have been to horse related conventions. I am planning on attending one at Michigan State University in March. The annual stallion convention. I have seen many famous horse trainers and seminars there also. These types of gatherings are really fun for the interest you're in. Lots of people to talk to about your interest.

Can we expand this to include any paranormal/UFO/consciousness conventions? Seems like every C2C guest is hyping some convention or another, such as the "Conscious Life Expo" next month in LA.

I have been to Comic-Con, took my kids as well. There were celebrities there but we only met Michael Gray, who was the original Billy Batson in the old Shazam TV show, and William Katt, from the TV show The Greatest American Hero and several films.

I also went to a video game convention and met some game developers who are only famous to gaming nerds like myself. For example I got to meet John Tobias, who co-created Mortal Kombat. At that same video game convention I was actually on a panel, up on stage, that was discussing video game consoles (Playstation, XBox, Nintendo) vs gaming computers and the pros and cons of each.

Outside of that I've been to my fair share of car shows, stock shows and gun shows.

Last edited: