Conscious Thought?

Ragnar0711

PNF Meme Assistant
Reaction score
How fast is Conscious Thought? Some think faster than light.....
Thoughts?

Reactions: garnetsilver
Thoughts?
i guess it depends on the definition of "thought".... inner speech or visual imagery are products of environmental stimuli, which is in a way not conscious thought but just reactionary processes of the physical world. the thought process is never ending and a constant sub conscious process of current situations, brought forth to the conscious level to understand and manuever through specific current influences.....so is there a true conscious thought at all???? or would conscious thought be more of a decision type process of, do this or that?..... whats right or wrong? or other morally themed thought processes........ "i think, therefore i am" is a lot deeper than what is on the surface......lol

At 3 in the morning, my thoughts are usually speeding along at about that pace...lol

We still don't have a handle on what consciousness IS, much less how it works. I think it's the soul hooked into the universal/God mind personally, but that is just my opinion.

Thoughts?
I remember the last time I went to a nightclub about 20 years ago and got thrown down the very steep steps by the bouncers. I remember flying down the stairs head first and thought to grab the middle hand rail, saving me from a broken neck. That was quick thinking but was it conscious? I must add I wasn't in the wrong, on that occasion, lol .

I remember the last time I went to a nightclub about 20 years ago and got thrown down the very steep steps by the bouncers. I remember flying down the stairs head first and thought to grab the middle hand rail, saving me from a broken neck. That was quick thinking but was it conscious? I must add I wasn't in the wrong, on that occasion, lol .
That sounds more like instinct for self preservation! Yikes!

I think Conscious thought is not a time frame but a state of being. When you are awake or conscious you are always in a state of thinking or thought. I don't know that seed is relevant. The speed of the brain being able to react out of necessity or stimulus can be as fast as 50 milli seconds.

Muscle memory was important to our training. For instance drawing my handgun and firing 1 accurate shot takes less than 1 second. Now I have to identify the treat draw and fire when a buzzer goes off or target pops up. So your eyes,brain and muscles all have to know what to do. It instant once you train enough.

Reactions: Lynne