"Conjuring" House up for Sale

Reactions: garnetsilver
Wouldn't you think a TV production company would jump at a chance to buy this and do an investigation program similar to the Skinwalker series?
Actually, Zak Baggens did that with the Gary haunted house...sort of kind of. He bought it and did a movie on it.

The Conjuring house has been used a lot for investigation groups. One last group is headed in there I think this weekend. Now, if I could remember what group it was I'd tell ya. Give it time...it will pop on my FB page again at some point!

Actually, Zak Baggens did that with the Gary haunted house...sort of kind of. He bought it and did a movie on it.

The Conjuring house has been used a lot for investigation groups. One last group is headed in there I think this weekend. Now, if I could remember what group it was I'd tell ya. Give it time...it will pop on my FB page again at some point!
The Gary house precedent was what prompted my post. While that house is relatively well known within the paranormal community, it's no where near as well known overall as the Conjuring house. Mind you, I'm in no hurry to spend time in either.

The article explained the current owners have allowed paranormal groups to investigate there, but that's small potatoes compared to a production company shooting a multiple episode series while at the same time running a 24 hour streaming site of the house. Sounds like a money maker to me, assuming there is activity there.

The Gary house precedent was what prompted my post. While that house is relatively well known within the paranormal community, it's no where near as well known overall as the Conjuring house. Mind you, I'm in no hurry to spend time in either.

The article explained the current owners have allowed paranormal groups to investigate there, but that's small potatoes compared to a production company shooting a multiple episode series while at the same time running a 24 hour streaming site of the house. Sounds like a money maker to me, assuming there is activity there.
I had read someone was interested in doing something like that. We'll see who buys it.

Reactions: Duke
I'm of two minds on this. While I think that having the full access of owning such a property would seem like the perfect environment to study and perhaps find some real, well documented evidence; I also feel that it could be a collosal waste of time as I don't think we know enough about this phenomena to take full advantage of this opportunity.

I often liken paranormal investigation to those who study earthquakes. Humans have been experiencing earthquakes for thousands of years and have created mythology around them such as the god Atlas. Discovering the science behind earthquakes was a long, difficult path as it's a naturally occurring phenomena that cannot be planned, scheduled or brought into a lab for observation. Scientists literally have to sit in one spot and wait for something that may or may not ever happen. The theory of plate tectonics is only about century old and the tools needed to measure and confirm the theory are newer than that.

This is the same for paranormal investigators. They go somewhere to sit and wait, hoping that they have the right tools setup in the exact right place to measure and record something that is unlikely to happen right at that moment.

Another major downside is the fact that earthquakes are not sentient. Imagine trying to identify the exact condition for what causes earthquakes, or even tornadoes and volcanic eruptions, but it's dependent on whether or not some other, uncontrollable factor chooses to cooperate even when all other conditions are perfect. Just like how animals in a zoo act different than animals in nature; it the Observer Effect.

While the story of things that happened in this particular house are dramatic and can be told over the course of a feature length film, the actual events took place over many, many years. Plus the energy within the house is going to be very different if there is a regular family living their life there or a team of researchers constantly looking at every detail. If whatever is there needs or wants to feed off the energy in the house it might be far less inclined by such a sudden shift.

It did...here ya go.