Communicating with the dead by SoulPhone

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Technology explores life after death

Friendship Center speaker will discuss a ‘breakthrough’ in communication with the dead

SARASOTA — Has technology finally managed to bridge the communication gap between the material world and the so-called afterlife?

On Thursday evening at Sarasota’s Senior Friendship Center, a key member of a research team pursuing those connections will provide details of what he calls the “Wright Brothers moment” that occurred within the past year. And he will argue that that a rapidly evolving prototype could someday become as accessible as a smartphone app.

Clinical psychologist and author Mark Pitstick is on the ground floor of a project hoping to produce a SoulPhone, which he claims has unambiguously documented the phenomenon of life after death. “In light of the compelling evidence and rationale for such technologies,” he writes in a book called “Greater Reality Living,” along with Dr. Gary Schwartz of the University of Arizona, “the question is no longer ‘Is spirit communication possible?’

“The question is now, ‘What will it take to engineer a technology to make spirit communication extremely reliable, practical, and affordable?’”

Pitstick’s appearance, set for 6-8:30 p.m. Thursday at 1888 Brother Geenen Way, is co-sponsored by ITN SunCoast, the Sarasota Group of the International Association for Near Death Studies, and the C.G. Jung Society of Sarasota. The discussion will also feature a group of panelists who will share their near-death experiences (NDE), led by Jung Society executive director Lisa Cedrone.

Confounded by an NDE during a suicide attempt in 2002, and hooked on the phenomenon after it happened again in a 2007 auto wreck, Cedrone began rigorously pursuing the personal transformation triggered in the aftermath of her “dark night of the soul.” The journey would lead her to Pitstick’s research, and the SoulPhone.

“When I heard about (the SoulPhone), my first thought was, it’s about time,” Cedrone says. “Everything we know operates on vibrational patterns, and I believe my receptive abilities to receive these transmissions changed after my near-death experiences. Now that I know our brains are capable of this, I’m certain we can produce the technology that can mimic these abilities.”

Working on $2 million in contributions from largely anonymous donors, Schwartz — a neuroscientist with more than 450 scientific-paper presentations to his credit — is partnering with several dozen other investigators boasting eclectic academic credentials, from electrical engineers to optical physicists to software programmers. SoulPhone experiments have been underway at the University of Arizona’s Laboratory for Advances in Consciousness and Health (LACH) for more than a decade, according to Pitstick, who joined the effort several years ago.

“I call our proof of concept the Wright Brothers moment, after the first flight at Kitty Hawk,” Pitstick says. “They were only in the air for 12 seconds, but for the five or so people who were there observing it, they knew flight was possible.”

Researchers want the SoulPhone to include four modes: a SoulSwitch that allows the user to pose yes/no answers to spirits on the other side; a keyboard for more precise communication; an audio application for verbal dialogue; and a video component for capturing literal images of those who’ve passed on.

Experiments are being conducted inside the equivalent of a Faraday cage, an enclosure that blocks out electromagnetic and all other forms of interference. Its hardware includes environmental instrumentation sensitive enough to “measure single photons of light,” says Pitstick. Among the team’s innovations is a high-speed camera that can record up to 60,000 frames per second.

“We have people who say, ‘I thought I saw somebody in my peripheral vision, but when I turned around they were gone,’” says Pitstick. “Well, that’s the analytical brain taking over and sensing what it’s been trained to sense, not the other 99.9 percent of reality that’s intangible to the five senses generally.”

An analogy might be a canine whistle, the ultrasonic range that dogs can hear but humans cannot. Or the fact that bees perceive colors five times faster than humans, plus they can see in the ultraviolet spectrum, beyond the natural capabilities of humans.

By reviewing single frames recorded at super-high speeds, Pitstick says, the LACH team has discovered “anomalous frames that aren’t like the others.

“In the beginning, they were just blurs, shadows of light, certainly no recognizable image of anyone in particular, but they weren’t going for that — they were just wondering if any frames showed up that were different from the controlled studies.”

In fact, Pitstick says, not only did more recognizable images begin to materialize, they also appeared to respond to requests, such as moving from right to left or left to right. Those “anomalous frames” didn’t appear consecutively, “but when you put them all together,” he says, “what you’ve got is a rudimentary video.”

Schwartz and the LACH team intend to publish results in peer-reviewed journals before releasing them to the public. When that happens, Pitstick says the next major challenge may be one of language. The long-range goal is to create an international network of inquiring minds pursuing the mystery through a “Greater Reality Living” organization.

“One of the things we’re doing is upgrading language for all this, because it’s so inadequate, terms like spirit,” says Pitstick. “Who knows how words like spirit and soul will translate in other languages? We want to start referring to ‘post-material persons’, because they’re very much alive and well, they’d just dropped the physical body.”

If SoulPhone technology works, what might the broader implications be?

“Some people will say ‘Oh my god, this is going to validate what various religions have been teaching for millennia, that there is life after death.’ Others will say, ‘Well, you’re going to put religion out of business, who will need it?’” Pitstick says.

“There are many points of view, but ours is that any religions that are service-oriented and exist to help others, that provide a place where people can meet and remind each other that we’re not alone, that death is not the end of life — I think those are all positive possibilities.”

For more information on the SoulPhone, visit thesoulphonefoundation.org.

‘post-material persons’

Just what I needed, another personal pronoun. I’m still working to integrate my new understandings of gender fluidity. And, now it looks like I’ll have to learn a new word to refer to the skin-and-bone-challenged.

Reactions: Donna K. and Debi
They still seem a long way away from dialing up the other side as the term “phone” would suggest. What would it prove ? Life after death ? Or could it be another dimension or parallel universe? Without clearer communication we really don’t know who we are talking to.

Communication of thought, ideas and emotion between those in the spirit-plane, appear to be instantaneous.
Also, they appear not to use any language as we think of it.

I hope this phone could accommodate for such pure communicating.

Communication of thought, ideas and emotion between those in the spirit-plane, appear to be instantaneous.

I hope this phone could accommodate for such pure communicating.
It would be wonderful to simply ring up our passed on relatives and friends.

Reactions: Donna K. and Cass
Something to think about.
Nature seems to be very efficient and well organised.

If it were ultimately beneficial for us to freely communicate with those in the hereafter. she would have arranged it so.

After all, both levels of existence will be administering to the particular needs of whichever one we find ourselves in, it's probably not healthy to be living in one, and concentrating too much on another.

This is not to suggest that we shouldn't pursue metaphysical knowledge, we can do that while still existing in the here and now, xx

If it were ultimately beneficial for us to freely communicate with those in the hereafter. she would have arranged it so.

After all, both levels of existence will be administering to the particular needs of whichever one we find ourselves in, it's probably not healthy to be living in one, and concentrating too much on another.

What Cass said... absolutely on in my opinion.

I can't give any scientific yay or neigh on this subject but I can offer you my take and why.

I actually did die... when I was six. I remember it quite well. As in I remember dying much like I remember eating mulberry's out of my grandmother's tree. I had been sick for weeks and the old 'come to the house' doctor of my grandmother's was treating me at home. Time is kind of weird when you are a child, but I remember him and I remember my siblings sitting with me a lot. I was told later that old doc was giving me intravenous fluid's because my fever was very high and wouldn't come down and I was dehydrated. The problem with that was my kidneys had failed and he wasn't helping. In those days it was not unusual to have a 'come to the house' doctor I guess, and his assurance to my grandmother that I would be fine kept her from hospitalizing me. I don't remember the details of all that... but I remember very clearly my grandfather bursting into the room and grabbing me up in his arm's. That kind of woke me out of 'dream land' I guess. The next thing I remember he was handing me to a doctor of some kind and that doctor yelling at nurse's and stuff and throwing me down on a cold table and most of all I remember him removing my shirt and I was very upset by that. Everything that came after I witnessed from above it all. I guess I was 'clinically dead' when my grand-dad got me to Children's Hospital and they revived me with much work. I remained in ICU for 3 months and in the Children's Ward for another 3. I remember hating it.

So, when we talk here of this research stemming from near death experience's ... who knows. I just wanted to go home. I didn't think much about what happened on the other side.. There have been experience's throughout my life time that made me wonder if dying had to do with anything. But, I never dwelt more than a moment or two on the thing.

However, through experience in later life, I have to say that from what I understand... Cass's quotes are right on... And my understanding came from allowing communication with 'other' randomly just because it was here and from The Guardian who came to read me up one side and down the other for allowing that to happen and making him come all this way to tell me what I already new. Believe what I say or not. It happened. And, I got a Angelic 2x4 upside the head for allowing it. I could go into a long conversation here on the details, but for your benefit I won't. suffice it to say that what Cass said about instantaneous communication is correct as far as I know because it is Vibrational. It goes like this

Spirit Voice = Vibration
Ethereal Voice = Symbol
Physical Voice = Word.

So the real problem with communication is that we have no understanding at all of what the Vibration is actually saying unless the Vibration chooses to be truthful. And even then you have that pesky matter of interpreting Vibration into Word CORRECTLY. I mean face it. We tell someone we broke a toe and a week later someone heard you broke your leg and a week later someone else heard you were dead.

I don't see how these experiments are any different then messing with a Ouija Board... and most of us know how that works out. But this is just my opinion. And... FYI.. Angel's aren't always all sweetness and Light you know. They tend to have a temper sometimes, when we are being stupid.

Last edited:
There have been experience's throughout my life time that made me wonder if dying had to do with anything.

“But folk who have tasted of death are only partly alive. In the dark corners of their souls and minds, death still lurks unconquered.”

Robert E. Howard, The Devil in Iron

/Never thought I'd get to use the old boy twice in one night