Common Scents...

Oysters and Sardines!
But there's an uncommon scent that has followed me since my grandmother Bain died in the 90s.
Every so often I am surrounded by the scent of a woman's perfume. It is strong.
I can be outside or inside, away from the house or at the house, and it hits me.

Oysters and Sardines!
But there's an uncommon scent that has followed me since my grandmother Bain died in the 90s.
I can be outside or inside, away from the house or at the house, and it hits me.
I have that sometimes, it sometimes is the perfume my mother's Aunt wore and sometimes it is an unfamiliar perfume. I also get wafts of cigarette smoke where no one has smoked in decades. I think of my brother when I get the cigarette smoke.

I love to smell the changing of the seasons. You can smell the earth heating up in the Spring and smell the daffodils and hyacinths coming into bloom. I love the change as we go into Autumn when the earth smells of damp leaves and people start having bonfires.

Also, the smell of creosote reminds me of my childhood when dad used it on the fences. I've longed to smell it again but unfortunately, it was banned years ago! I also used to love the smell of the original Windolene (the pink stuff in the pink bottles).

One smell I cannot stand is cannabis (needless to say, I've never touched the stuff!). Another is cinnamon. I also hated it when my brother used to wake me up in the morning with the stench of him cooking smoked kippers!

I may be alone in the world on this but the smell of ferrets, lol, it reminds me of being out bush with the dogs, the peace and solitude. The smell of a Christmas pudding cooking, mum makes it in cloth and boils it for hours, takes me back.

The smell of the fair food...nothing like it!
I have been working on the island(s) a lot lately. The boardwalks are open and loaded with people. The smells of funnel cake and all the various foods coming from the stores let's you know it's that season. Also, when the wind is just right, the smell of the salt air and suntan lotion mixes in. Despite being at work, take a deep breath and take it all in. Summer's here :sunglasses:

Oysters and Sardines!
She is around you and letting you know.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I have been working on the island(s) a lot lately. The boardwalks are open and loaded with people. The smells of funnel cake and all the various foods coming from the stores let's you know it's that season. Also, when the wind is just right, the smell of the salt air and suntan lotion mixes in. Despite being at work, take a deep breath and take it all in. Summer's here :sunglasses:
I love a good food truck.