Comic Strip Faves!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
What's your favorite all time comic strip? Who's your favorite character?
Do you have any special memories of reading "the funny pages?"
And did you rush on Sundays to get the Sunday Comic section of the newspaper?
1614192795691.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Benway
My favorite cartoon is Gary Larson's "Far Side." I got to meet him and get his autograph at a book signing.

My favorite character is this guy, Professor Cosmo Fishhawk from Jeff MacNelly's "Shoe" comic strip.

cosmo.jpg

The Farside is a favorite of my Peoria son. Duke, are you aware that they are doing some new ones now? He's got a website out there.

I loved Calvin and Hobbs and Garfield.

And the fight at my house was ON every Sunday for the comics section of the newspaper. It was to be savored...a slow read with laughs...even the strips you didn't care for. Only after savored correctly was it to be passed to the next person. lol

The Farside is a favorite of my Peoria son. Duke, are you aware that they are doing some new ones now? He's got a website out there.

I loved Calvin and Hobbs and Garfield.

And the fight at my house was ON every Sunday for the comics section of the newspaper. It was to be savored...a slow read with laughs...even the strips you didn't care for. Only after savored correctly was it to be passed to the next person. lol
No, I didn't know that. Thanks.

My all time favorite "Far Side."

gary-larson-far-side.jpg

Garfield is the most memorable, but I didn't read much if any comic strips in the paper. But I did collect a number of Superman comics from '93-'94. I had a number of them that were in mint condition but met with catastrophe.