Coincidence Stories

I have had small coincidences happen, not big ones like running into long lost relatives or anything, but fun nevertheless.
Back in the 80s, I used to buy household things from a catalog, and the company gave free gifts with each order. So one of the free gifts was a set of four soup cups. I kept them for years, until two of them got shattered, I was down to two. I figured I only needed two, but then while unpacking dishes, another was broken. I was bummed. And then on top of that, the lid to a set of canisters got broken as well. So now I had one soup cup left, and a canister with no lid. The company that made these dishes probably didn't even exist anymore.

We went into a thrift shop to look around and as we were inspecting the dishes, not only did we find a canister with the lid I needed, I also found another of those soup cups! Now I have two cups again, and a replacement lid for canister!

• Love it
Reactions: ozentity and Duke
One day about 10 years ago I was waiting in line for the opening of an estate sale, as I often do for my business. Behind me in line was another dealer that I'd known casually for some years. I knew he was of Italian descent (as am I) and we got to talking about our family backgrounds. I mentioned that my great-grandfather died in an unusual way and my dealer friend was surprised because his GGF died the same way. Long story short, we continued to compare notes and were both amazed to discover that we both had the same great-grandparents! We were second cousins in the same line of work and had known each other for years but didn't know we were related until that conversation.

One day about 10 years ago I was waiting in line for the opening of an estate sale, as I often do for my business. Behind me in line was another dealer that I'd known casually for some years. I knew he was of Italian descent (as am I) and we got to talking about our family backgrounds. I mentioned that my great-grandfather died in an unusual way and my dealer friend was surprised because his GGF died the same way. Long story short, we continued to compare notes and were both amazed to discover that we both had the same great-grandparents! We were second cousins in the same line of work and had known each other for years but didn't know we were related until that conversation.
That is a GREAT story, Crux! I would imagine you both had some catching up to do with family stories...lol