Coincidence and Quantum Entanglement

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Last night I was listening in to a bit of C2C and the guest proposed an interesting question. Are coincidences actually caused by Quantum Entanglement? I realize we're talking quantum physics here, but his question did bring up something that seems to me to be a good possibility. You think of someone calling you and bang...phone rings and that person is calling. You think of a certain song and bang...there it is on the radio.

Could Quantum Entanglement be behind this?

So, thoughts? Possible? Whatdoyou think?

Reactions: garnetsilver
Quantum entanglement or some similar phenomenon, yes. I don't think it's just limited to related particles. It was Bill Braud and maybe another I read that conducted experiments that suggested people can become entangled and a measurable mental influence can be exerted from one person to the other. So I don't think it's really a far stretch to say that a thought could trigger a reaction from the universe and in a non-local way, through space and time.

Reactions: Charleh
I’m onboard with this as a possible explanation.

However, the key concept of quantum entanglement which I’ve consistently heard or read typically describes two quantum level objects influencing each other. Maybe the explanation has been washed for the non-physics audience I am part of, and therefore it is too simplistic, but I hear the adjective “two” used repeatedly.

So what mechanism happens to put those “two” entangled objects into the right places such that they can account for that knowing/premonition of a phone call? The explanation I hear of quantum entanglement makes me think that one of the two quantum objects is somehow a part of me and the other of the pair is a part of something/someone at the other end of that phone call. And, why is some quantum level part of me specifically entangled with that other person? Maybe we create new entanglements through our thoughts or our relationships.

That’s a lot of special entanglements! But I have a physics like idea on that too.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Last night I was listening in to a bit of C2C and the guest proposed an interesting question. Are coincidences actually caused by Quantum Entanglement? I realize we're talking quantum physics here, but his question did bring up something that seems to me to be a good possibility. You think of someone calling you and bang...phone rings and that person is calling. You think of a certain song and bang...there it is on the radio.

Could Quantum Entanglement be behind this?

So, thoughts? Possible? Whatdoyou think?
This happens to me all the time. There does seem to be a sort of spiritual internet going on. Thoughts have power.

Lately, whenever I get a call from my daughter, my sister will either text me or call on the other line. I have been wondering why they always get inspired to contact me at the exact same time! This has happened at least five times in the past two weeks. BTW, they are both going through some stressful stuff, a lot of it similar in nature.

And, why is some quantum level part of me specifically entangled with that other person? Maybe we create new entanglements through our thoughts or our relationships.

That’s a lot of special entanglements! But I have a physics like idea on that too.

Something I read one time posited that all particles are related since they were all squished together very tightly during the Big Bang, thus it follows that entanglement could occur between anything and everything. Pseudoscience at its finest, I'm sure, but ... I bet the idea of orbiting satellites and smart phones back in 1940 would have gotten quite a laugh. ;)

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
I love Mrs C’s description of a spiritul Internet. It does seem that there is an energetic web that connects everything. I also think there is divine assistance ordering our lives. This is really simplifying a complicated topic but that’s how I make sense of it.