Classify yourself....

I'd put myself at a number two, but would change the wording to something like, "I believe the possibilty exists and that true supernatural events have occurred, but would look at each event on a case-by-case basis."
Hey Duke, you are one of the persons here whose analytical observations I appreciate, look to, and respect.

Can you share a short list of the supernatural events which, based upon your assessments, have the highest likelihood of being fact?

Or...if that ask is too personal, instead which ones grab your interest the most such that they occupy most of your research and consideration?

Hey Duke, you are one of the persons here whose analytical observations I appreciate, look to, and respect.

Can you share a short list of the supernatural events which, based upon your assessments, have the highest likelihood of being fact?

Or...if that ask is too personal, instead which ones grab your interest the most such that they occupy most of your research and consideration?

My greatest interest, and really only paranormal topic I consider myself semi-knowledgable in, are UFOs. I'm strictly a nuts & bolts guy with little interest in abduction or other more fringe elements of the topic. Not saying abductions don't occur, but such events are out of my area of interest/expertise as an aerospace engineer and amateur military/aviation historian.

I've seen both what I believe to have been a ghost, that of my maternal grandfather, as well as some other "being" I believe to have been a shadow figure or hatman. I have also seen what I believe to have been the ghost of my beloved Shetland Sheepdog on a couple occasions. I can't explain any of those, but accept I saw them.

I have gone on well over a dozen "ghost hunts," but have honestly never taken them too seriously. I've gone to many of the high profile venues (Mansfield, Waverly Hills, and Prospect Place, etc) with my daughter and her friends because they didn't want to go by themselves. I have also assisted a former colleague, a retired USAF colonel and electrical engineer, with his highly professional ghost hunts in various private venues. Never experienced anything in either scenario, although my former colleague has gotten some interesting EVPs.

I wholeheartedly believe in God, and therefore in the Devil, and all the manifestations of both. I am very uncomfortable reading/discussing demonic related topics or experiences, and in most cases will avoid such things on this forum or elsewhere.

Cryptids I have very little interest in, probably because I never had an interest in biological or life sciences. The lone exceptions are those related to UFO activity, such as the Hopkinsville "goblins," and to a lesser extent, Mothman.

I am very uncomfortable reading/discussing demonic related topics or experiences,
This is just one of the reasons we no longer do the "demon" reports or interventions here. I will report on Exorcists but that's my limit these days.

I haven't weighed in on this one prior to this. I have to say that as a very spiritual person, I am a full believer in all that is possible, much like Duke's statement. I have had too many personal experiences to rule out just about anything. However, I have a really good BS detector. As you may have noticed, I am a huge believer in doing "rule outs", much like the medical field I come from. In order to proclaim anything paranormal, I want to know the facts and be sure there is no normal cause for the event. I do this with my own experiences as well.

I also believe that the ONE, God, or whatever name you give to the Divine, is able to show us many things using natural events. I believe we can be used as messengers to others by His hand, be given glimpses of the beyond by use of natural events around us, and be inspired by the use of nature and natural events. I also believe in miracles and the power of prayers and intention.

Still sitting on that fence of the cryptid world but do believe that something "other" than what we now understand may be behind them.

My greatest interest, and really only paranormal topic I consider myself semi-knowledgable in, are UFOs. I'm strictly a nuts & bolts guy with little interest in abduction or other more fringe elements of the topic. Not saying abductions don't occur, but such events are out of my area of interest/expertise as an aerospace engineer and amateur military/aviation historian.

I've seen both what I believe to have been a ghost, that of my maternal grandfather, as well as some other "being" I believe to have been a shadow figure or hatman. I have also seen what I believe to have been the ghost of my beloved Shetland Sheepdog on a couple occasions. I can't explain any of those, but accept I saw them.

I have gone on well over a dozen "ghost hunts," but have honestly never taken them too seriously. I've gone to many of the high profile venues (Mansfield, Waverly Hills, and Prospect Place, etc) with my daughter and her friends because they didn't want to go by themselves. I have also assisted a former colleague, a retired USAF colonel and electrical engineer, with his highly professional ghost hunts in various private venues. Never experienced anything in either scenario, although my former colleague has gotten some interesting EVPs.

I wholeheartedly believe in God, and therefore in the Devil, and all the manifestations of both. I am very uncomfortable reading/discussing demonic related topics or experiences, and in most cases will avoid such things on this forum or elsewhere.

Cryptids I have very little interest in, probably because I never had an interest in biological or life sciences. The lone exceptions are those related to UFO activity, such as the Hopkinsville "goblins," and to a lesser extent, Mothman.

Sincere “Thank you” for baring your thoughts to the degree you did Duke. The truth behind your first paragraph is so very evident in many of your other posts. Really great to learn more about you through the other content too.

So one more question relevant to (my perception on) how your sharing in the first and second paragraphs are “unequal”. You shared in second paragraph about your spirit sightings. But your first paragraph, which speaks to your apparent passion, doesn’t seem to contain any personal experience(s). Do you have any UFO-ology encounters Duke?

Reactions: Lynne
This is just one of the reasons we no longer do the "demon" reports or interventions here. I will report on Exorcists but that's my limit these days.

I haven't weighed in on this one prior to this. I have to say that as a very spiritual person, I am a full believer in all that is possible, much like Duke's statement. I have had too many personal experiences to rule out just about anything. However, I have a really good BS detector. As you may have noticed, I am a huge believer in doing "rule outs", much like the medical field I come from. In order to proclaim anything paranormal, I want to know the facts and be sure there is no normal cause for the event. I do this with my own experiences as well.

I also believe that the ONE, God, or whatever name you give to the Divine, is able to show us many things using natural events. I believe we can be used as messengers to others by His hand, be given glimpses of the beyond by use of natural events around us, and be inspired by the use of nature and natural events. I also believe in miracles and the power of prayers and intention.

Still sitting on that fence of the cryptid world but do believe that something "other" than what we now understand may be behind them.

I’m not certain I understand Debi. I heard, accept, and respect Dukes short statement regarding his discomfort. You seem to allude to taking a similar or supporting position. Did something meaningful happen? Can you comment on same without inviting trouble or pain?

Cryptids I have very little interest in, probably because I never had an interest in biological or life sciences.
I've noticed with people you are either a animal/plant person or a mechanical person,both types needed to survive on Earth but two very different ways of thinking.

Sincere “Thank you” for baring your thoughts to the degree you did Duke. The truth behind your first paragraph is so very evident in many of your other posts. Really great to learn more about you through the other content too.

So one more question relevant to (my perception on) how your sharing in the first and second paragraphs are “unequal”. You shared in second paragraph about your spirit sightings. But your first paragraph, which speaks to your apparent passion, doesn’t seem to contain any personal experience(s). Do you have any UFO-ology encounters Duke?

My UFO Sighting

Over the years I've had a number of "WTF is that" moments looking skyward, but the above incident was the only one I either didn't figure out what I was looking out, or at least convince myself what I was seeing had a conventional explanation.

I’m not certain I understand Debi. I heard, accept, and respect Dukes short statement regarding his discomfort. You seem to allude to taking a similar or supporting position. Did something meaningful happen? Can you comment on same without inviting trouble or pain?
I guess I really need to clarify my "agreement" statements...I was a bit tired when I wrote that.

OK, Duke stated he was a believer in God/Devil and all that it brings. I also believe in the good/evil within our world. There is the Light and the Dark. And as someone who believes very strongly in a Divine Source (don't care what you call it), I welcome and honor all faiths here that are of the Light. Which leads into my further agreement of not getting into the demon aspects here. Here's the deal...when I allowed people to bring in all their demon encounters, we suddenly had them in DROVES. It was like the Darkness said, "OH LOOKEE! She's open for business! Let's go brag!" We were bleedin' bloody demons around here for a few months. The mods can tell you I was a bit distressed, as I have always tried to keep the forum as a place of light. It got so bad at one point, I had a new member go off on a tirade at me that I wasn't showing the "dark side" here. She posted all over the forum of her anger that I wouldn't allow it. Took me, my broom, and a few mods to clean up the mess of that.

This led me to my "Don't Feed the Demons" law of the forum. If someone is having a problem with one, I immediately send them off to clergy. I'm not going to give space for the Darkness to get a foothold and show off here.

Some of you know of my encounter with what I call "The Angel" awhile back. He gave me some choices and insights, along with a mission here. Just sticking to those guidelines.