Clairaudience

garnetsilver

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
I have been hearing things all of my life and when I heard that this ability had a name (Clairaudience) I was surprised that everyone couldn't hear the things that I did. When I was very small, I remember hearing random words or phrases a lot, usually when I was in bed for the night. The scarier times were when I would keep hearing my name, in a whisper.

Now I barely pay attention when I hear it, because I feel that if it is something important, whatever or whomever will make it known. Sometimes I feel that it may be something trying to get my attention and since I don't now if it is positive or negative, I ignore it, not wanting to encourage something that might perhaps turn out to be undesirable.

Having said that, I distinctly remember a few days after my father died, I had been asleep when something woke me. I lay there wondering why I had woken, when I distinctly heard my father's voice, but sounding sort of far away as if he were on a telephone. He was saying to someone, "And, this is my daughter." I felt that he had been passing through and brought along another spirit to introduce one of his children. It was rather cool!

My mother had been fighting cancer, and I remember the night that she died, (the following year after my father had passed.) I had gone to sleep for the night. Suddenly I woke thinking that I was dying; my heart was racing, skipping beats like crazy, and I couldn't breath. I sat up and drank some water, and then I felt a presence. It was very brief, but I knew it was my mother. She had apparently just passed away and I had felt her final struggle! I looked at the clock, then managed to go back to sleep. It had been between three and four o'clock in the morning.

When I finally got up for the day, there were a ton of phone messages from my siblings telling me that my mother had passed away around 3:45 am. I still miss them both, but it comforts me to know that in some form they still exist!

Great story, Garnet, and thanks for sharing it. I recently had an episode of clairaudiemce. I don't have them often, but when I do I pay attention. Shortly after I documented it here, I ended up going into respiratory arrest and spent some time in the hospital. I was ready for any event as I took the voices as a warning.
Some new activity

Last edited:
Great story, Garnet, and thanks for sharing it. I recently had an episode of clairaudiece. I don't have them often, but when I do I pay attention. Shortly after I documented it here, I ended up going into respiratory arrest end spent some time in the hospital. I was ready for any event as I took the voices as a warning.
Some new activity
Wow, I am glad that you are alright! I never know why I hear the voices, because the phrases don't make sense, nor do they herald any kind of event, as far as I know. Just calling my name doesn't make sense either - sometimes I reply but I don't hear anything more.

Reactions: Aces and Debi
Wow, I am glad that you are alright! I never know why I hear the voices, because the phrases don't make sense, nor do they herald any kind of event, as far as I know. Just calling my name doesn't make sense either - sometimes I reply but I don't hear anything more.
Sometimes a visiting relative may call your name, Garnet. I've had that happen in the past and actually had my father speak to me this way right before my mom passed away. It's also been known to happen with Angels and spirit guides. Sometimes they just want you to know they are out there.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Thanks for sharing your story with us. I think you handle the voices perfectly. My daughter used to see and hear things too. She said the same thing in regards to importance. I had a chuckle when I read that.

Sometimes a visiting relative may call your name, Garnet. I've had that happen in the past and actually had my father speak to me this way right before my mom passed away. It's also been known to happen with Angels and spirit guides. Sometimes they just want you to know they are out there.
I like that; it's a comforting thought.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi