CHRISTMAS MESSAGE FROM DEBI

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Wise-Owl-Christmas-Card_0.jpg

Dear Members and Friends,

Every Christmas since 2014, it has been my privilege and great joy to write you a Christmas message. These always come from my heart and I ponder what I wish to tell you for days before I write this.

Last year I asked you all to look at the coming year of 2020 through the eyes of a child. Boy, that happened much differently than I had hoped! We got grounded! As I sat and meditated on last year's message, I sought out the blessings in that and looked for a silver lining. And lo and behold, there was one.

I feel like a kid writing a "What I learned from this" essay because I've actually been "grounded" far longer than most of you. Once again, there WAS a lesson there. It came to me as I thought of the blur of days that run together, the separation I felt from those I love so much, and the ever present low level fear of a tiny virus that has turned our lives upside down. And out of all that appeared the biggest lesson I've learned....to say the words. To say the words "I love you". To say, "Thank you" with true thankfulness. To say, "I will pray for you" and truly pray. To say to others what they mean to me without embarrassment or worry over how it will be received.

We have seen so much anger in the world, it's time to combat that with some true kindness and words that heal. We need to say them. We need to hear them. So allow me to say to you all:

To my Staff and Mod Crew, you are the glue that holds this forum together. Each of you has a true loving heart and have saved my feathers so many times I've lost count. This year has been a difficult one for me and I've never had to ask for a volunteer to fill in or to help out. You've all just simply stepped up and in. I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful team of caring, loving people. Thank you for all you do! More than anything, thank you for being my friends and very much my family.

To all the Members who come and post here, you have made me laugh, cry with emotion, and opened my eyes to new and wonderful ideas! Some of you have shared you felt "called" here to the forum. I hope so, because that was the intention all along....this lovely group of souls sends out Light to all who seek a safe place. When I say we are family here, I truly mean this. I'm so very glad you have chosen to be part it.

In 2021, may all of you find yourself saying the words that you want others to hear. Don't wait. Don't hold back. Tell people how important they are to you, how much you care, how much you love them. And may we all soon be able to safely put away the masks as well so we can say them to others in person.

I want to sincerely tell you that I love you all.

Merry Christmas and Brightest Blessings!

Debi

Last edited:
Ok Debi I am a puddle now , that was quite beautiful. It has been an honor and so much darn fun to be a part of this family. Thank you as always for making room on the broom for everyone who needs a seat. Not to mention that the seat comes with no charge!! YOU PROVIDE this opportunity to everyone without a bill and no ads. Thank you for the many years of learning together and sharing our lives. God bless you and your family as we move forward together into 2021.

• Love it
Reactions: Debi