Christmas EVP experiment idea

Herbal Jaguar

Reaction score
I wonder if someone did a EVP session out at a park in a German community if one could get some hopefully positive EVP's. Germany has a elaborate celebration of Christmas. Hopefully many of the German settlers would respond positively. Especially since it's so close to Christmas.

Reactions: Debi
Anyone going to Germany for Christmas? This could be an interesting investigation

Anyone going to Germany for Christmas? This could be an interesting investigation
My town has german settlers since 1845, many German immigrants began arriving from Prussia in 1840. There were 4 German towns that are now all combined into one because it has grown so much.

My town has german settlers since 1845, many German immigrants began arriving from Prussia in 1840. There were 4 German towns that are now all combined into one because it has grown so much.
Christmas was started 4,000 years ago and from everything I can find Christmas was very popular to the Germans at that time. Even some Hispanic grave sites I have found locally are draped in Christmas ornaments.

The tradition of the Christmas tree originated in Germany in the 16th century, when trees were brought into homes to be decorated. The first person to decorate the Christmas tree with lighted candles is believed to be Martin Luther. Evergreens had been a symbol of life in several ancient religions, such as the Druids.

The first recorded public Christmas tree in the United States was displayed in the 1830s, although German settlers had been displaying trees since the 1700s. However, many colonial Americans viewed the Christmas tree as a pagan symbol. The Puritans outlawed any observance of Christmas other than a mass, and having decorations could be punishable by death. This began to change in the 19th century with the arrival of larger groups of German immigrants. A sketch of Queen Victoria's family around a Christmas tree also had some influence in increasing its popularity.

In What Country Did the Christmas Tree Originate?

Christmas is a combo of some pagan Yule celebrations and the Christian story of the birth of the Christ child. The Church actually purposefully combined some of the olde ways into the celebration to make it easier to bring the pagans into the fold. In Yule, the sun rises to give the world rebirth. In Christmas, the son is born to give rebirth to man.

Today, Christmas and Yule are separate celebrations, but the cross-over between the two is still evident in our celebrations. As someone who honors both Yule and Christmas, I think Christ wouldn't have a problem with the love that is shared in both, imo.

Christmas is a combo of some pagan Yule celebrations and the Christian story of the birth of the Christ child. The Church actually purposefully combined some of the olde ways into the celebration to make it easier to bring the pagans into the fold. In Yule, the sun rises to give the world rebirth. In Christmas, the son is born to give rebirth to man.

Today, Christmas and Yule are separate celebrations, but the cross-over between the two is still evident in our celebrations. As someone who honors both Yule and Christmas, I think Christ wouldn't have a problem with the love that is shared in both, imo.
Aww, reminds me of my youth at a religious school and learning all of that for the first time. I didn't know that the Christmas tree went so far back in German history.

Maybe I could try to translate and say some Christmas phrases like Christmas tree in German to entice a response from some of the settlers. Some townsfolk still speak German here.

Reactions: garnetsilver

This explains HJ’s 4000 yr reference. I was thinking 2000 , but I follow it now. Thanks debi