Christmas Day food

TonyM

Deactivated Account
Reaction score
Website
monaghan.tv
We had a discussion at work today about Brussels Sprouts which are traditionally part of Christmas dinner / lunch. Seems mostly hated by everybody although a few of us really like them including me.

Do you have those in the US? Like wee cabbages. They need to be cooked properly though and not boiled to death like so many veggies here in the UK, for the non vegetarians boiled, lightly finished in butter with lardons to bring out the flavour.

So, love them or hate them or have you never tried them?

love brussel sprouts, steamed, with butter...... those and cauly flower, asparigus, broccoli,...mmmmm, gotta be steamed though....lol.
did not know they were a Christmas favorite though.

love brussel sprouts, steamed, with butter...... those and cauly flower, asparigus, broccoli,...mmmmm, gotta be steamed though....lol.
did not know they were a Christmas favorite though.

Love all those too. Sprouts traditional at Christmas here and usually never cooked other than at Christmas, I'd eat them all year round

Love all those too. Sprouts traditional at Christmas here and usually never cooked other than at Christmas, I'd eat them all year round
we have them a lot through the summer,.. .(HA, thats like 9 months of the year...lol)....steamed vegetables to go with steak or whatever is being grilled out, that with some zucchini or corn thrown on the grill too.....mmmmm

Reactions: TonyM
we have them a lot through the summer,.. .(HA, thats like 9 months of the year...lol)....steamed vegetables to go with steak or whatever is being grilled out, that with some zucchini or corn thrown on the grill too.....mmmmm

I steam veggies too, keeps the colour and flavour and that bite that veg should have. Corn though? Just no

or with grilled out sea food.......... ever steamed clams or oysters on the beach with shrimp ???..... dig a hole in the sand and line it with charcoal and wet seaweed, cover it and let it steam.... good stuff there...lol

I steam veggies too, keeps the colour and flavour and that bite that veg should have. Corn though? Just no
nah, corn has to be grilled.....soak in the husk for 30 minutes or so and throw on the grill,... water in the husk cooks it to perfection.

Reactions: 7Critter and TonyM
nah, corn has to be grilled.....soak in the husk for 30 minutes or so and throw on the grill,... water in the husk cooks it to perfection.

Cornflakes or popcorn and that's it for me, shame really

Reactions: Paulm