Chores

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

326570595_700875198428107_2591377015386860890_n.jpg

Did you get paid to do chores as a kid?​

Reactions: garnetsilver
Dusting, straightening your room, raking leaves, helping parents during their odd jobs to make extra money. Not sure if i did dishes, that may have been my sister. Got a small allowance for doing chores. It wasn't until i started working through the summer on torturous farms did i make some money.

Unloading the dishwasher. I hated that chore more than anything. Cleaning my room was a joy by comparison!
We never had a dishwasher growing up. Always washed/dried by hand. When i moved into my apartment i had one and still never used. My house does not have one, but i imagine one day i will enjoy using one :)

I can't say my mom had set chores. We just helped out when asked.

Lol... We didn't have 'chores' ... We had Do It. All of it. I remember walking with a 'rolling cart' to the laundry mat at 6 or 7 dragging my 4 year old brother by the hand... across MAJOR traffic. THEN my older sister folding and ironing and putting away. Mama had four kids and if it was done (and it better be)... we did it.

Lol... We didn't have 'chores' ... We had Do It. All of it. I remember walking with a 'rolling cart' to the laundry mat at 6 or 7 dragging my 4 year old brother by the hand... across MAJOR traffic. THEN my older sister folding and ironing and putting away. Mama had four kids and if it was done (and it better be)... we did it.
That is a hard way to grow up. Sending love to you .