Choices....

I have taken on a new nom de plume to add to my long list of plumes. "Pearl Stiletto" or you can call me Pearl (it was actually my grandmother's name) I think it's a great name for a Tarantino character
It’s good to have a few personalities in the closet.

Reactions: Benway
Yes but mine refuse to STAY in the closet and they all get together and start plotting against me!

Attachments

• Kill-Bill-Elle-1.jpg
    Kill-Bill-Elle-1.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Kill-Bill-The-Bride.jpg
    Kill-Bill-The-Bride.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 161
  • 5ee7c6b8176ed.image.jpg
    5ee7c6b8176ed.image.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 710cKFz0O6L._AC_SY450_.jpg
    710cKFz0O6L._AC_SY450_.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 86
  • download-2.jpg
    download-2.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Haha
Reactions: Benway and Debi
Yes but mine refuse to STAY in the closet and they all get together and start plotting against me!
You have missed your calling as a comedian. You must write a book.

One of the saddest things to me in the world today is that people don't seem to make the connections that they used to make with the people around them. I think that most of this is a direct result of women going to work and the size of the families shrinking. Women are the home makers and I am NOT talking about cooking and cleaning the house. I was raised on a one-block-long dead-end street. Every house had a passel of kids and a Mama ruling the roost. The women worked together and it was as if you were NEVER out from under your Mom's watchful eye. They took turns hauling kids to school and it was a lot like having a dozen Moms watching you all the time.

It was a lot like having this HUGE family that all sort of lived together. You had a lot of brothers and sisters that you actually liked. The men were slower to make friends but back then people didn't move very often and eventually, the men became close too. Part of it was that the heat in the houses drove people outside and into contact. That along with the influance of the women made for a very special lifestyle.

Reactions: Lynne
Back when I was in my mid teens and it was time to think about what courses to study seriously there was advice on careers and options as usual, but my school also took part in a new futuristic computer dating version of careers advice! We all had to consent to take part and then filled in a lot of questions about not only aptitude in different things but also our attitudes, with questions such as
'I respect authority'
strongly disagree / disagree/ neutral/ agree / strongly agree
And
'I enjoy helping others'
It had a lot of questions, some of which were surprising and we answered them all. They were sent of to be fed into the computer and then the results came back. In the end everyone was disappointed as they saw what boring non-heroic or well paying job they were best suited for. Office worker, shop worker, enlist. At best maybe lab assistant.
I got an real oddity which nobody else got and I deeply regret not going after it.

'TV presenter.'

(If any production companies are reading, I'm open to offers.)

Back when I was in my mid teens and it was time to think about what courses to study seriously there was advice on careers and options as usual, but my school also took part in a new futuristic computer dating version of careers advice! We all had to consent to take part and then filled in a lot of questions about not only aptitude in different things but also our attitudes, with questions such as
'I respect authority'
And
'I enjoy helping others'
It had a lot of questions, some of which were surprising and we answered them all. They were sent of to be analysed and then the results came back. In the end everyone was disappointed as they saw what boring non-heroic or well paying job they were best suited for. Office worker, shop worker, enlist. At best maybe lab assistant.
I got an real oddity which nobody else got and I deeply regret not going after it.

'TV presenter.'

With your quick wit and humor, I could see you as a game show host!

Reactions: ozentity and Benway
'I respect authority'
And
'I enjoy helping others'
It had a lot of questions, some of which were surprising and we answered them all. They were sent of to be fed into the computer and then the results came back. In the end everyone was disappointed as they saw what boring non-heroic or well paying job they were best suited for. Office worker, shop worker, enlist. At best maybe lab assistant.

'TV presenter.'

In the 7th grade, about 1970, we also took a career aptitude kinda deal. Each one of us got back a results sheet in a sealed envelope a week or so later. My future was in meat cutting.

• Sad
In the 7th grade, about 1970, we also took a career aptitude kinda deal. Each one of us got back a results sheet in a sealed envelope a week or so later. My future was in meat cutting.
I suppose it was wrong too! I suppose in 1970 they had no computer to hide behind when people were outraged...

Last edited:
I would have liked to have had Christiana Amanpour's job, reporting from the front line or been a social anthropologist living with the indigenous folk in the rain forest ,mountains or desert. For about 5 minutes i thought about acting but it's too tough on the nervous system,much tougher than my previous possible career choices.

A very good lifetime friend is a nephew of Margaret Bourke-White.