Children seeing ghosts

KajxK

Reaction score
I heard a lot about children seeing
something that a grown-up cannot see and I have some stories like this from my own experience. One of them happened yesterday and I wonder if it may be some kind of a sign...
I was babysitting my 1.5yo sister and it was okay untill she pointed at something and started smiling. She then ran closer to where she pointed and started to jump with her hands
up like she wanted someone standing there to pick her up. It lastet for a couple of seconds and then she said "it disappeared" (its easy to say in my language so she can say that) and she came back to me. I was confused but I asked her what did she see because I didnt see it and she said "angel"
My sister doesn't know what a ghost is yet and she cant say "ghost", so it could also be a ghost that she saw. Also, though my sister is smart for her age and usually answers all my questions, she didnt tell me if the angel was nice or not and she didnt tell me if she was afraid, but her reaction (smiling, jumping) means that she was happy to see it and she has probably seen it earlier.
I just wonder why that something showed me that it's there. I think it wouldn't do that without a purpose.

Other stories:
A couple of years ago I was babysitting my cousin (he was about 1yo Ig but he couldn't talk at all. We were playing on the couch and at one moment I started to feel really uncomfortable without a reason. Then I realized he is staring at a plain wall. He then started to cry really badly and stopped when we left the room and he saw his mom.

My mom told me that when I was about four and we both were alone at home she was working on her computer and I ran up to her asking if I could have the candies that this man wants to give me. She asked what man and I told her that the one standing behind the couch. Of course, she didnt see him and she got scared and we went to my grandma (she lives next to us) and stayed there untill my dad came home.

Have y'all any stories like that?

Kajxk, welcome to the forums. I look forward to reading more of your experiences! What is your primary language? I won't venture to say what you, your cousin and your sister saw, except it has been a belief that children can see things that older people cannot. I think that whatever your sister saw may have been a benevolent being, because if it had been otherwise, maybe she wouldn't have felt friendly towards it.

Reactions: Benway
Absolutely children seem more in tune with stuff like this. A bulk of my experiences happened when i have a child. It's nice to be able to talk about that with others, as most of time through me growing up, many thought i was imagining it. The older i got, i began to think differently. Too many things happened and yeah at one point i did shut myself away from it believing the finger wavers were correct. Now in my later years, i have come to accept whatever happened was something, not nothing.

My grandson, who was about a year and half old when my mother died, used to wake his mother up saying things like "Granny told me..." and he often had orbs around him when I took photos. We didn't see the orbs until I looked at the photos later. When his step dad died he used to tell his mother things like "Pat said you should not be sad." His step dad died when he was about 2 and half and he often told my daughter "Pat said..." until he was about 6.