Childhood Stories and Good Memories

Discussion in 'Owl's Nest' started by TonyM, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    Truth seeker
    Tier-1 Mod

What a great memory. I hope he realized how important it was.

garnetsilver likes this.
  2. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    Truth seeker
    Tier-1 Mod

I do not agree with teachers hitting kids in school. I know about bad kids since I worked in a juvenile detention center for my carrier however I still don’t agree with it. I remember the fear it inspired in going to school. I was a quiet gentle kid and seeing that happen to others was disturbing to me. Once I was talking when I wasn’t suppose to and got a paddle for it. I was devistated. All not necessary. This was one of the reasons I did not like school. I did well even so but living with that stress is not necessary. I do believe in parents spanking to a degree. Not beating. The diff I think is the average parent knows their kids and can decide when it’s really necessary.

garnetsilver, Paintman and TonyM like this.
  3. 7Christie

7Christie
    Expand Collapse
    Paranormal Trooper
    Staff

You must have felt very special. What a great memory. I have similar memories of fishing with my Dad. He and I on the river in my hometown, wading down stream until there is just enough daylight left to get back home.

garnetsilver, Paintman and Lynne like this.
  4. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    Truth seeker
    Tier-1 Mod

I can so picture you fishing with your dad!

garnetsilver and 7Christie like this.
  5. TonyM

TonyM
    Expand Collapse
    Staff

Many years later I was in a pub and there was a teacher who was enthusiastic about dishing out the belt. I put him in A&E, I think you call it ER in the US.

6. Paintman

Paintman
    Expand Collapse
    Go Go White Sox !
    Tier-1 Mod

My grandpa, Pop, lived on 5 Acres out in the country . My brother and I would drive the tractor, shoot, explore the woods, and do all sorts of chores.Pop made it fun. Going to the county fair was always a big deal. Those were the brightest summer days ever:)

When I was a teenager we would go play golf together. Now Pop hasn't played in 20 years. He doesn't warm up or practice. Plays with his Sam Snead clubs from the early 60s. And goes out and shoots a respectable 90 on a pretty tough course.:p

Lynne and garnetsilver like this.