Childhood Stories and Good Memories

I've heard Glasgow is one of the meanest cities to grow up in.

It had a reputation but it's not as bad is it used to be. I never had a problem walking the streets at night although some of the outskirts were no go areas and still are.

Reactions: ozentity
I've been reading all these stories, but must admit to drawing a blank when trying to recall specific events. As a kid I remember doing basically four things....playing baseball, fishing, reading, and watching the airplanes flying into/out of Wright-Patterson AFB. I think I was ten years old when I got the most memorable birthday gift of my life, a pair of binoculars to better see the airplanes.

That's a shame, isn't it?
I think its a sign of the times,can't smack kids and all that,as a result they are creating a generation of kids with no respect for anything.Don't get me wrong I don't believe in belting kids,but a light smack is a quicker and more efficient than trying to explain things for hours to a 2to3 year old.And something they remember imo.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I think its a sign of the times,can't smack kids and all that,as a result they are creating a generation of kids with no respect for anything.Don't get me wrong I don't believe in belting kids,but a light smack is a quicker and more efficient than trying to explain things for hours to a 2to3 year old.And something they remember imo.
I kind of agree; I never repeated behaviors that I had been spanked for as a child. On the other hand, I was terrified of being hit. Hard to come up with a consensus!

Reactions: ozentity
I kind of agree; I never repeated behaviors that I had been spanked for as a child. On the other hand, I was terrified of being hit. Hard to come up with a consensus!
My niece is a teacher of 9,10 year olds she has been punched,chairs thrown at her and threatened with knives.When I was young and they used to cane students you never heard of this from kids that age,or any age really.So a good childhood memory was,no violence in the classroom.

All the way through primary and secondary school (age 4-16), if you stepped out of line you could get up to six of the belt on an open palm and boy did that hurt. Over the years I was belted a few times despite having done nothing wrong, no point in protesting though. Long since banned.

For the newer PFer's, Debi & I went to rival high schools. So we kinda talk about Da Region.
*Da Region is a magical place on Lake Michigan. It is a big city suburb of Chicago. We know about good food and baseball. Our churches are big, and I paint them.:)
Pierogies are a sacrament.:)

Comiskey Park.That is where the (beloved) White Sox played. I was a 10 year old boy when that field took my breath away.
And today I bought the baseball book. Street & Smith's.:)This is a red letter day !

Women, buy your Man a baseball perspective. :cool:

comiskey10952.jpg
tibbsdrivein_screencrowd.jpg

Reactions: Debi and Paulm