Childhood Stories and Good Memories

I've heard Glasgow is one of the meanest cities to grow up in.
Oz what town did you grow up in ? Mine was New Baltimore, MI. It’s not as rural any more. More like the suburbs.

Oz what town did you grow up in ? Mine was New Baltimore, MI. It’s not as rural any more. More like the suburbs.
I grew up and lived in Sydney until about 23,but used to spend most of my time as a kid in the little bush and wasteland that was left then,Is all highrise now.I always had at least 5 dogs (terriers)and used to hunt rats and rabbits there.I really didn't belong in a city.My real dad was a farmer from up the coast.

I grew up and lived in Sydney until about 23,but used to spend most of my time as a kid in the little bush and wasteland that was left then,Is all highrise now.I always had at least 5 dogs (terriers)and used to hunt rats and rabbits there.I really didn't belong in a city.My real dad was a farmer from up the coast.
I love hearing about your country. Thanks for sharing. It’s fun to get to know each other.

One of my fondest childhood memories involved a trip with my father. I come from a large family, so when my dad was in the market for a new car, he decided to take a train ride to a a city where they had a huge lot of cars that were reasonably priced. This was back in the sixties. He decided to take one of his kids along, and I was chosen, to my everlasting joy! I got a new dress for the trip, and new shoes. We started out having breakfast in a diner, which was a new experience for me, and then we went to the train station where I was gifted with two new Golden Books (anyone familiar with those?) and my choice of three kinds of candy. Then there was the train ride, which was also a first for me, and helping my Dad pick out a new, white station wagon. and last, the fun ride all the way back to our city, in our new car.

One of my fondest childhood memories involved a trip with my father. I come from a large family, so when my dad was in the market for a new car, he decided to take a train ride to a a city where they had a huge lot of cars that were reasonably priced. This was back in the sixties. He decided to take one of his kids along, and I was chosen, to my everlasting joy! I got a new dress for the trip, and new shoes. We started out having breakfast in a diner, which was a new experience for me, and then we went to the train station where I was gifted with two new Golden Books (anyone familiar with those?) and my choice of three kinds of candy. Then there was the train ride, which was also a first for me, and helping my Dad pick out a new, white station wagon. and last, the fun ride all the way back to our city, in our new car.
Clapping
I guess my thing was the Drive-In. Mom and Dad used to take us to the drive-in in Dad's Oldsmobile 98. Before the movie started we would play at Kidding land . Swings and that Merry-Go-Round thing .My brother and I were outfitted with footie pajamas after a quick change.
I have come to really love the drive-in. In high schoo,l I went darn near every day one summer. 72 Impala. Bought beer in Gary IN, at the Nickel Tap Tavern.
Later in life I was the guy that would paint the drive-in movie theater screens.

Clapping
I guess my thing was the Drive-In. Mom and Dad used to take us to the drive-in in Dad's Oldsmobile 98. Before the movie started we would play at Kidding land . Swings and that Merry-Go-Round thing .My brother and I were outfitted with footie pajamas after a quick change.
I have come to really love the drive-in. In high schoo,l I went darn near every day one summer. 72 Impala. Bought beer in Gary IN, at the Nickel Tap Tavern.
Later in life I was the guy that would paint the drive-in movie theater screens.
And I know exactly what Drive-in that is with the Kiddy Land!