Childhood Memory

Iamgumblia

Reaction score
So when I was still a child living in Oklahoma, every year, my family would rent this place in the middle of nowhere to celebrate. It was basically a huge house with a lot of land. The adults would party inside the house while the children played outside. Well, after finding my best friend who was my cousin, we decided that we would roam further away from the house.

We had walked for about 10 minutes when my cousin asked why I was crying. I was confused because there were tears streaming down my face and I had no idea why I was crying. Being 7 years old at the time, even though I was still young, I had a feeling something paranormal was going on. My cousin was younger than me so I grabbed her hand and said we needed to head back to the house.

When we turned around to leave, something like a rock flew out and hit something to our right. While glancing where the rock had hit, I realized that something was standing from the ground there. We both peered towards it and realized that it was a freaking tombstone. A really old one also. It was covered by the tall grass so you couldn't see it unless you got closed to it.

I was super scared and apologized to the spirit that we might have disturbed. I heard a voice said "come" and stared at my cousin. Since I was the oldest, I felt I had to be the strong one so I said "no, we are leaving" and we both ran all the way back to the house. I remember one of my family member asking us why we had so much energy and I just wanted to cry.....we didn't run fast because we wanted to but because we were scared.

When we settled down outside the house, I asked my cousin if she heard the voice. She nodded her head and said, it wanted us to come to it. I took a deep breath and walked towards the entrance of the door and just to be safe, I told the spirit that it wasn't allowed to follow us. It needed to leave us alone and wasn't welcome.

Nothing ever happened to us from that incident but sometimes I still think about that lonely tombstone and wondered what the background story of it was.

So when I was still a child living in Oklahoma, every year, my family would rent this place in the middle of nowhere to celebrate. It was basically a huge house with a lot of land. The adults would party inside the house while the children played outside. Well, after finding my best friend who was my cousin, we decided that we would roam further away from the house.

We had walked for about 10 minutes when my cousin asked why I was crying. I was confused because there were tears streaming down my face and I had no idea why I was crying. Being 7 years old at the time, even though I was still young, I had a feeling something paranormal was going on. My cousin was younger than me so I grabbed her hand and said we needed to head back to the house.

When we turned around to leave, something like a rock flew out and hit something to our right. While glancing where the rock had hit, I realized that something was standing from the ground there. We both peered towards it and realized that it was a freaking tombstone. A really old one also. It was covered by the tall grass so you couldn't see it unless you got closed to it.

I was super scared and apologized to the spirit that we might have disturbed. I heard a voice said "come" and stared at my cousin. Since I was the oldest, I felt I had to be the strong one so I said "no, we are leaving" and we both ran all the way back to the house. I remember one of my family member asking us why we had so much energy and I just wanted to cry.....we didn't run fast because we wanted to but because we were scared.

When we settled down outside the house, I asked my cousin if she heard the voice. She nodded her head and said, it wanted us to come to it. I took a deep breath and walked towards the entrance of the door and just to be safe, I told the spirit that it wasn't allowed to follow us. It needed to leave us alone and wasn't welcome.

Nothing ever happened to us from that incident but sometimes I still think about that lonely tombstone and wondered what the background story of it was.
A really interesting story. Sometimes our childhood experiences fade, but I'm betting this one stuck with you well. For those of us who have activity that presents in our childhood it's usually a good indicator of what our adult life will hold in the paranormal world.

A really interesting story. Sometimes our childhood experiences fade, but I'm betting this one stuck with you well. For those of us who have activity that presents in our childhood it's usually a good indicator of what our adult life will hold in the paranormal world.
I agree! I have many vivid memories of paranormal incidents from a very young age.

Reactions: Debi
I love that your instincts were correct as such a young child. Have you been back there since the incident ?

Reactions: 7Critter
No, I live in Georgia now and have no reason to visit there since all my family moved away to other states

Reactions: Paintman and Lynne