Childhood experience

Trishaanne22

Reaction score
I came to this forum because I had an experience when I was a child that has always stayed with me, and I’d like to know what others think. I was about 4 years old and grew up on an Air Force base. I used to love to sit on my bed at night and look out the window towards the flight line. One night when looking out the window, I saw a bright, rectangular light appear in the distance. Out of that light, an even brighter orb appeared. My child self thought it was the moon. I wondered why the moon was floating towards me. It got to the window, and I could hear the glass cracking as it pushed through. I laid down on the bed and it floated above my head and settled on my chest. I remember feeling the weight of it, and seeing the rectangular light it came out of on its surface. It then floated under the bed. This happened three nights in a row. On the third night, I went and got my mom and told her that the moon was under my bed. Of course, it wasn’t there when she looked. I am 52 now, and remember it like it was yesterday. I’m sure it wasn’t a dream - but I’d sure love to know what it was and what it wanted. Had anyone had or heard of similar experiences?

I came to this forum because I had an experience when I was a child that has always stayed with me, and I’d like to know what others think. I was about 4 years old and grew up on an Air Force base. I used to love to sit on my bed at night and look out the window towards the flight line. One night when looking out the window, I saw a bright, rectangular light appear in the distance. Out of that light, an even brighter orb appeared. My child self thought it was the moon. I wondered why the moon was floating towards me. It got to the window, and I could hear the glass cracking as it pushed through. I laid down on the bed and it floated above my head and settled on my chest. I remember feeling the weight of it, and seeing the rectangular light it came out of on its surface. It then floated under the bed. This happened three nights in a row. On the third night, I went and got my mom and told her that the moon was under my bed. Of course, it wasn’t there when she looked. I am 52 now, and remember it like it was yesterday. I’m sure it wasn’t a dream - but I’d sure love to know what it was and what it wanted. Had anyone had or heard of similar experiences?
Welcome to the PNF, Trishaanne :) Sounds like a UFO visitation experience to me. I have never had one myself, but i'm sure the other members will have better information. No other memories related to the orb like voice(s) or potential figure(s) in the room? Have you ever had a recurring dream pertaining to that experience? Have you ever had a nagging or apprehensive feeling when trying to remember those visitations, perhaps abduction-esque? We do ask many questions only to get a better insight into each unique experience.

Welcome Trishaanne22, and thanks for sharing your story. It's unlike any other I've heard. I'd like to clarify a few points, however, if I may. First, I'm not sure what you mean by a "rectangular light." Does that mean you saw a light without physical form in the shape of a rectangular, or do you think you were looking at a physical object/craft, rectangular in shape, that was lighted?

You said you could hear the window glass "cracking." Does that mean the window glass broke, or did it remain intact? If the latter, were there any physical witness marks on the glass such as scratches, discoloration, change in optical quality/light transmissivity through the glass, etc.?

What was time span from you initially seeing the rectangular outside to the orb/rectangular combination going under the bed? (Seconds? Minutes?) What became of the orb/rectangular combination after it went under the bed? Did it just disappear? Do you recall any sound or odor associated with the incidents? Are the answers to these questions the same for all three nights or do you remember any deviations?

Were there any physical effects on/to you after having the orb "settle" on your chest? Marks? Burns? Bruises? Any longer term health effects, such as respiratory or cardiac issues?

If my math is correct, these incidents occurred in the 1975 time frame? Have you ever researched if there were any UFO reports made in the base area/city around that time through the National UFO Reporting Center database or old newspapers? Assuming the base is still open, have you considered filing a FOIA request through the base's FOIA office to see if there is any record of anything ever remotely similar to what you experienced? I'd particularly want to know if anything appeared in the security police or fire department logs.

Finally, did you parents or siblings (if any) believe you or do you think they chalked it up to a child's active imagination?

Duke has pretty much covered the questions needed evaluate this event. If nothing else, it will help you to re-examine the it. I haven't heard of this exact type of event, but i've heard of orbs visiting people in bed, also beings going through windows and walls as if they were changing their molecular structure or vibration. Just sharing something like this is cathartic. Welcome to the forum.

When I was young my grandmother once told of an experience she had as a child growing up in Louisiana. She said a glowing ball of light entered her room through a window and flew around the room and then went under her bed. When she looked under there it was gone.

Welcome Trishaanne22, and thanks for sharing your story. It's unlike any other I've heard. I'd like to clarify a few points, however, if I may. First, I'm not sure what you mean by a "rectangular light." Does that mean you saw a light without physical form in the shape of a rectangular, or do you think you were looking at a physical object/craft, rectangular in shape, that was lighted?

You said you could hear the window glass "cracking." Does that mean the window glass broke, or did it remain intact? If the latter, were there any physical witness marks on the glass such as scratches, discoloration, change in optical quality/light transmissivity through the glass, etc.?

What was time span from you initially seeing the rectangular outside to the orb/rectangular combination going under the bed? (Seconds? Minutes?) What became of the orb/rectangular combination after it went under the bed? Did it just disappear? Do you recall any sound or odor associated with the incidents? Are the answers to these questions the same for all three nights or do you remember any deviations?

Were there any physical effects on/to you after having the orb "settle" on your chest? Marks? Burns? Bruises? Any longer term health effects, such as respiratory or cardiac issues?

If my math is correct, these incidents occurred in the 1975 time frame? Have you ever researched if there were any UFO reports made in the base area/city around that time through the National UFO Reporting Center database or old newspapers? Assuming the base is still open, have you considered filing a FOIA request through the base's FOIA office to see if there is any record of anything ever remotely similar to what you experienced? I'd particularly want to know if anything appeared in the security police or fire department logs.

Finally, did you parents or siblings (if any) believe you or do you think they chalked it up to a child's active imagination?
The rectangular light in the distance was just a light - it was just a shape in the form of a rectangle. The glass of the window remained in tact - you could just hear cracking like it might break. The whole experience lasted a few minutes. The first two times were exactly the same - but the third time I got out of the bed because I felt scared, which I didn’t the first two times. The third time it came in and immediately floated under the bed since I wasn’t in the bed for it to sit on. I don’t know why I was so scared the third time, but I don’t recall it ever happening again after that. After it went under the bed, I think it disappeared - but I only looked under the bed once with my mom. No sound or odor associated with it - but it was very bright. It looked exactly like a full moon, but with a rectangular shaped light on the front. I have researched for sightings in the area (1974) at the time and came up empty handed. At the time I don’t know if my parents believed me - but when I was in my 30s I asked my mom if she remembered me telling her that the moon was under my bed. She remembered too and said I was very insistent that the moon was under there. I then told her that it happened 3 nights in a row. When I told her the whole story, and she did believe me. I know this all sounds so bizarre, and it’s nice to be able to share here and not feel too embarrassed! This has bugged me for years, but recently I’ve thought about it a lot. What the heck was that thing???

Hi Trish, for some reason I'm thinking paranormal rather than alien. I had an orb, about the size of a soccer ball appear twice in my old house about 30 years ago. It had a definite evil presence about it and my brother's pitbull flew at it the second time it appeared, we never saw it again after that.

The rectangular light in the distance was just a light - it was just a shape in the form of a rectangle. The glass of the window remained in tact - you could just hear cracking like it might break. The whole experience lasted a few minutes. The first two times were exactly the same - but the third time I got out of the bed because I felt scared, which I didn’t the first two times. The third time it came in and immediately floated under the bed since I wasn’t in the bed for it to sit on. I don’t know why I was so scared the third time, but I don’t recall it ever happening again after that. After it went under the bed, I think it disappeared - but I only looked under the bed once with my mom. No sound or odor associated with it - but it was very bright. It looked exactly like a full moon, but with a rectangular shaped light on the front. I have researched for sightings in the area (1974) at the time and came up empty handed. At the time I don’t know if my parents believed me - but when I was in my 30s I asked my mom if she remembered me telling her that the moon was under my bed. She remembered too and said I was very insistent that the moon was under there. I then told her that it happened 3 nights in a row. When I told her the whole story, and she did believe me. I know this all sounds so bizarre, and it’s nice to be able to share here and not feel too embarrassed! This has bugged me for years, but recently I’ve thought about it a lot. What the heck was that thing???
Did you have any missing time or marks on your body? Do you think it's possible you were abducted?

Reactions: ozentity and Duke
I don’t think so - but at this point I really don’t know.
Well at least you have talked about it and shared with others. There are some things we never get answers to.

Reactions: Duke