Childhood Easter

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
WHAT WAS EASTER LIKE FOR YOU AS A CHILD? WHAT DID YOUR FAMILY DO TO CELEBRATE THE DAY? FAVORITE FOODS ON EASTER BESIDES CHOCOLATE BUNNIES?

upload_2020-4-10_13-34-3.jpeg

We always colored eggs, and had easter baskets filled with that fake grass, and jelly beans, Jordan almonds, and chocolate bunnies. My mother liked making leg of lamb for Easter supper.

We always did the eggs, and I would always be sure to make the biggest mess with them form my experimenting with colors. Mine always had to look "different." Ham and deviled eggs, a must for the table.

Best story of one Easter.....mom decided to hide half the eggs outside in the yard one year. She wasn't thinking and let the dog out for a bit. We were a little short on the egg hunt that year but that old dog we had was really happy and well fed that night. He enjoyed his "hunt".

We always did the eggs, and I would always be sure to make the biggest mess with them form my experimenting with colors. Mine always had to look "different." Ham and deviled eggs, a must for the table.

Best story of one Easter.....mom decided to hide half the eggs outside in the yard one year. She wasn't thinking and let the dog out for a bit. We were a little short on the egg hunt that year but that old dog we had was really happy and well fed that night. He enjoyed his "hunt".
Ha, ha, that is funny. He probably thought the Easter bunny had visited just for him!

Mum is pretty religious so no meat good Friday,we always had smoked cod.Chocolate Easter eggs on Sunday and played poker with nan,but never for money :grin:.

Reactions: Lynne
Easter morning was waking to look for our basket. The basket had the usual chocolates and colored eggs. We always got a new stuffed animal. Then the race was on to get ready for church. After church we met up with family for an egg hunt and a ham dinner. Easter always brings joy to me. It is the affirmation of my faith, that life is eternal and the season itself is a metaphor of rebirth. This always marked the end of winter and a feeling of relief fills me. This is my fav holiday.