Childhood Easter Memories

Did all the above
Colored egg's, got dressed in my yellow Easter dress when I was a kid.
And my favorite Easter candy will always be
Chocolate Egg's

Reactions: Donna K. and Lynne
I try to go to Easter Vigil as much as I really don't like going to Easter Vigil. That's where the kids graduate to be fully catechized. Lots of baptisms. My thinking is somebody had to sit through all of that stuff for me and I can return the favor.......;)

Somehow in my mind I have figured out that if I go to Easter Vigil, I get 4 'get out of jail free' cards:p

Heck, missed Palm Sunday. I go to a Catholic church with my
Mom and her Psychic Friends Network. When we got to the church parking lot it was packed. I made the comment that" Where are these people in the middle of August?"
Mom picked up on that and asked " you want to just go straight to brunch?"
The Psychic Friends agreed:p.
So this is the story about putting a little earwig into Mom's Psychic Friends Network. We skipped, and had a very nice breakfast at the local Greek greasy spoon.
I enjoyed the breakfast burrito.:)

There is always time to make new memories.:p

The restaurant used to be the Midway Ballroom. The dance floor and the stage was on a pier into a lake.
Frank Sinatra played there.:cool:

Reactions: Donna K. and Debi
Those big chocolate rabbits...Not sure the brand, but no other chocolate tastes quite like it. Also, had quite the fun morbid kick out of deciding which part of it to bite off first to "kill it". Lol!

As a child, I was the only religious person in my family so my Mom would drop me off at church for Easter Service.

We definitely dyed eggs - I liked mine as saturated in color as possible so every egg sat in the dye for an extra long time and ended up as either midnight blue, magenta, amber, or kelly green. No egg ever got to stop at the intended pastel stage.

My Mom always made sure my basket contained Sees Candies (popular on the West Coast) chocolate eggs plus one each: an LP record (music), a small game or puzzle, and either a paint set or a plastic model. All things to help engage and enrich.

Last year at this time my GF and I were on a Caribbean cruise with two other couples. I brought onboard a hidden Easter basket for her containing these same items as a nostalgic nod to my childhood tradition.

I still have my Easter basket and my daughter used it throughout her childhood too. We always got the usual chocolate bunny and eggs (the good chocolate). We didn’t get a lot because of the cost of the good stuff but it was worth it. We colored eggs too. I wonder how we didn’t poison ourselves eating the eggs that had been in the basket a week after Easter.