Open Lines Child missing, parents arrested.

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
http://abcnews.go.com/US/california-parents-turn-ire-police-child-found/story?id=30510137

The parents of an 8-year-old boy found safe after the car in which he slept was stolen from outside the family home say they plan to file a complaint against the police department because officers responding to their call treated them like "criminals."

Brock Guzman, 8, of Fairfield, California, stood outside his family home Tuesday and publicly thanked those who'd helped find him. His parents, Paul and Suzanne Guzman, however, voiced their disappointment with the police.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Police over-reacting, or non-cooperative parents? I can see a case for both. I can certainly understand the mother being a little hysterical and wanting the police to go out and find her child, but I also understand the police wanting to search the home for possible clues. Unfortunate, all around, but at least the child was found unharmed.

Reactions: Naked Apple
Hmmmm.....as a mom who knows her child has been abducted, I think I'd be upset with the police wanting to search my home as well and not focusing on the FACT my car had been stolen with my child inside. I do think the police should have handled that differently and just talked to mom outside until dad arrived as she requested. I've mentioned before that a "neighbor" I didn't know took my child for a ride in his car without my knowledge, and the emotions I had when I called the police where thro the roof. (Yes, that's the incident it took several very large men to haul me off the guy when he came back with my boy.)

Reactions: surge