Child Ghost

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

A weird piece of security camera footage from a pub in England features an odd anomaly that some suspect could be a ghost child. The eerie sight was reportedly spotted by the assistant manager at the Lamb and Lion pub in the city of York. As Lee Smith and the staff at the restaurant were preparing to open the establishment one morning last week, he checked the CCTV at the pub to see where a waitress named Molly was working.

Much to his amazement, seemingly standing behind his co-worker was what looked to be some kind of apparition. "I saw the outline of what appeared to be a ghost," he recalled, "which caused me to jump back shocked, thinking 'what on earth is that?'" Smith subsequently called Molly over and showed her the moment in which the spirit appeared near her and "she was as startled as I was." Remarkably, he said that the waitress revealed that "she thought I was in the room with her and felt someone behind her."

Insisting that the video was not altered in any way, Smith conceded that some observers have suggested that the 'ghost' could be a reflection or perhaps some cobwebs, but he expressed skepticism about those prosaic explanations. For his part, although he does not necessarily believe in ghosts, he couldn't help but observe that the anomaly "looks like a small girl in a dress" and noted that staff at the pub have reported occasional instances of what might be called paranormal activity in the past. What's your take on the spooky footage?

Watch: Ghost Filmed at English Pub? - Coast to Coast AM

Reactions: garnetsilver
I don't see a girl in a dress, but I get such things are subjective. What I do see is the location of the "ghost" within the field of view image of the camera appears to change position as the camera lens zooms in and out. If there was something there, one would expect the position of the image to stay in the same place relative to the field of view. I think this might be a reflection or flare picked up by and altered as a function of the changes in focal length of the lens as it moves in and out.

Reactions: Fizz and Debi
I don't see a girl in a dress, but I get such things are subjective. What I do see is the location of the "ghost" within the field of view image of the camera appears to change position as the camera lens zooms in and out. If there was something there, one would expect the position of the image to stay in the same place relative to the field of view. I think this might be a reflection or flare picked up by and altered as a function of the changes in focal length of the lens as it moves in and out.

I knew that I could rely upon you to channel your inner Lt. Cmdr. Data. Your (likely correct) techno-babble has destroyed my joy in possibly seeing a ghost on camera.

“Okay boys, easy moving that one-way mirror back into the lorry!”

Reactions: Lynne
I knew that I could rely upon you to channel your inner Lt. Cmdr. Data. Your (likely correct) techno-babble has destroyed my joy in possibly seeing a ghost on camera.

“Okay boys, easy moving that one-way mirror back into the lorry!”
102rpb.jpg

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
I was buying this one too. It looks like a ghost. I do see the dress but maybe that’s because I’m looking for it.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman