Cheap or Real Deal?

oops, alcohol is another thing i will not go cheap on. after many youthful days with a md 2020 hangover and one bad round of cheap tequila ill never short change liquor again.... that was the worst hangover ever.
I've always thought that it's worth drinking something awful once in a while to highlight just how good the rest is. Also, if I'm having a whole evening drinking then I'll start with good stuff, then get progressively worse as I get drunker, since I'm not going to appreciate it by the end anyway. It's staggered from early to late and good to bad, much like I am occasionally!

Speaking of UK store brands, I was surprised to find the major food store chains in the UK sell their own brands of alcoholic beverages. I can't remember if it was Tesco or Sainsbury's where I bought a bottle of their Irish Whiskey. It was a few pounds cheaper than the name distillery brands, and better than most mid price range whiskeys I'd tried.
Those can be great or terrible. For Sainsbury's their own food is worth a look, but the drink worth avoiding, at least in recent times. I think their wine buyers in particular should be fired. Once well respected in the industry, the current crop I imagine hanging around in a pub hissing, 'Mate! Mate! You wanna buy some wine? Really good! Proper stuff from foreign places, not made by me mate Gavin in his shed at all! Only £9.50 a bottle! Meet me in the car park in twenty minutes.'
(I'll look at some online reviews to figure out which one your whiskey was first, but I'll try it! Thanks.)

Those can be great or terrible. For Sainsbury's their own food is worth a look, but the drink worth avoiding, at least in recent times. I think their wine buyers in particular should be fired. Once well respected in the industry, the current crop I imagine hanging around in a pub hissing, 'Mate! Mate! You wanna buy some wine? Really good! Proper stuff from foreign places, not made by me mate Gavin in his shed at all! Only £9.50 a bottle! Meet me in the car park in twenty minutes.'
(I'll look at some online reviews to figure out which one your whiskey was first, but I'll try it! Thanks.)
Too funny

Aldi.
I used to really not like it but I gave it an honest chance and now I love it. It's more economical if you're going to bake a lot of cookies or make mass quantities of other things.
Still have to go to the other stores to get all the other things.

Reactions: Benway and Paulm
Aldi.
I used to really not like it but I gave it an honest chance and now I love it. It's more economical if you're going to bake a lot of cookies or make mass quantities of other things.
Still have to go to the other stores to get all the other things.
I like them because they carry some brands that other stores don’t.

If I can find by old copy of "The Whiskey Bible," I can tell you which it was.

Reactions: Benway and Lynne
There is a whisky Bible ?!
960x0.jpg

Yes. I think mine is the 2005 edition.

Reactions: Paintman