Chasing Dogmen

Lynne says:

The actual show was the first hour and a half but if you skip 15 min of adds it’s not that long. I think you would enjoy the info. This one has some new info on the topic and he sounded very credible.

this line of stories seems to be gaining traction over the last few months. supposedly a govt. group of hunters / trackers to keep them under control and what not... ive seen four or so accounts of these type claims recently,. in a way its just a new telling of the same old legends, only now instead of the church being in charge its the govt. some of them even claim the govt. is breeding them for whatever purposes..the alien connection is becoming more common also, though this is probably one of the more descriptive or in depth tellings.,...
cool stories but when ppl bring the military into the story they usually fall short of being convincing. and im still not sure of the separation of dogman and werewolf, if something like that is out there I still think they are one and the same...maybe im just too old school for the 21st century version......

I have a theory that Dogman could actually be a culmination of evil deeds and thoughts brought on by it's human host,bringing this creature to the surface and appearing as a predatory animal.I get a really uneasy feeling from Dogman as I think it is a true flesh and blood person wearing their evil personality on the outside, as opposed to a separate paranormal entity.

Reactions: Paulm
I've been entertaining an Anubis-hypothesis lately. But this comes with some difficulty. DM is always portrayed as threatening or predatory. In contrast, according to Wikipedia, "Anubis was heavily worshipped because, despite modern beliefs, he gave the people hope. People marveled in the guarantee that their body would be respected at death, their soul would be protected and justly judged."

Interestingly, the negative spin began only recently. Wikipedia says, "In popular and media culture, Anubis is often falsely portrayed as the sinister god of the dead. He gained popularity during the 20th and 21st centuries through books, video games, and movies where artists would give him evil powers and a dangerous army."

It appears then that the threatening or predatory aspect of DM is more in alignment with popular culture than with the more benevolent characteristics of the Egyptian depiction of Anubis.

There was no insight and only a passing reference to Anubis in the SOR podcast. A Canadien soldier allegedly encountered a dog-man creature in Afghanistan and labelled it as Anubis-like. That was it. I had hoped for more.

So I'm forced to conclude that modern encounters with DM are much more werewolf-like and unlike the Anubis of Egyptian mythology. But are DM necessarily evil or are we just looking at them through the lens of our times?

Reactions: Benway and Paulm
I've been entertaining an Anubis-hypothesis lately. But this comes with some difficulty. DM is always portrayed as threatening or predatory. In contrast, according to Wikipedia, "Anubis was heavily worshipped because, despite modern beliefs, he gave the people hope. People marveled in the guarantee that their body would be respected at death, their soul would be protected and justly judged."

Interestingly, the negative spin began only recently. Wikipedia says, "In popular and media culture, Anubis is often falsely portrayed as the sinister god of the dead. He gained popularity during the 20th and 21st centuries through books, video games, and movies where artists would give him evil powers and a dangerous army."

It appears then that the threatening or predatory aspect of DM is more in alignment with popular culture than with the more benevolent characteristics of the Egyptian depiction of Anubis.

There was no insight and only a passing reference to Anubis in the SOR podcast. A Canadien soldier allegedly encountered a dog-man creature in Afghanistan and labelled it as Anubis-like. That was it. I had hoped for more.

So I'm forced to conclude that modern encounters with DM are much more werewolf-like and unlike the Anubis of Egyptian mythology. But are DM necessarily evil or are we just looking at them through the lens of our times?
This is actually the first time I've heard the story of the Kandahar giants being werewolf like, this legend has been around for a while and was always just giant humanoids in the versions I've heard...a lot of bigfoot groups also use this story for their purposes too, but the first tellings actually compared them to the giants of biblical times.....with your interest in Anubis you should research the story of st Christopher and the tribe he originated from, same geographic location somewhat, could be a connection with the two....
As far as werewolves being violent or not I would think that would just depend on the individual person to begin with, with other things to consider, are they just trying to stay hidden, so attacks are rare?, are they governed by their own? ..many questions could be brought forth with this.

Reactions: Ultima Thule
It sounds terrifying.

Do you think there is a connection to the dog ai business in Japan that developed red glowing light eyed robot dogs to guard farm fields (you told us about it)?

Some researcher indicated they believe that one form of extra terrestrial may be a dog /doglike. I don't remember if they walk standing up. There are so many web pages listing different types of aliens (postulated or claimed.) You know, this would be interesting to look into. Might one computer whiz add mufon files coordinated with dogman criptid reporting?

Some researcher indicated they believe that one form of extra terrestrial may be a dog /doglike. I don't remember if they walk standing up. You know, this would be interesting to look into. Might one computer whiz add mufon files coordinated with dogman criptid reporting?
It would be interesting to know if these DM sightings occur during heightened UFO activity in the same area. Not sure if there is any coordination between organizations recording these events.

Reactions: SierraRocks

I don’t think there is any way to prove a belief or that these things are from the historical Anubis. The show was a researcher relating what facts he could gather. With the limited information we have on these things I don’t have high expectations on theory’s. This did have some stuff I personally hadn’t heard before.

This is actually the first time I've heard the story of the Kandahar giants being werewolf like, this legend has been around for a while and was always just giant humanoids in the versions I've heard...a lot of bigfoot groups also use this story for their purposes too, but the first tellings actually compared them to the giants of biblical times.....with your interest in Anubis you should research the story of st Christopher and the tribe he originated from, same geographic location somewhat, could be a connection with the two....
As far as werewolves being violent or not I would think that would just depend on the individual person to begin with, with other things to consider, are they just trying to stay hidden, so attacks are rare?, are they governed by their own? ..many questions could be brought forth with this.
I’ve heard of Giant stories from the Kandahar area too. I just figured this was another experience. If it was the retelling of the same event then your point is well made that it has changed.

Reactions: Paulm