CHARLIE WATTS..ROLLING STONES DRUMMER

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS:
Charlie Watts, the drummer for the Rolling Stones’ for more than half a century, has died... Charlie passed away peacefully in a London hospital earlier today surrounded by his family. He was 80 years old.

240697588_4564337110264284_6087548785754641647_n.jpg

I wonder what he was suffering from. I wonder if the band will fold up now. They’re still touring right? Life is short , I hope he landed in a good place.

I saw the Stones at the infamous Altamont concert back in the 1960s.

And, I saw them again in the 1980s on the Steel Wheels tour. My wife at the time worked for a production company that did one of their videos and she got us great seats.

Charlie had a bout with cancer some 20 years ago, IIRC, it could have been related to that. OTOH, 80 is firmly in the "causes related to age" category; I would be thrilled to be able to live to 80 (no man in my family ever has, hoping to be the first).

Rest in Peace, thank you for all the decades of wonderful music!

A couple weeks ago they announced that Keith Richards side band drummer was going to take Charlie's spot on the tour. I was cool with that and I still am since he passed. A Rolling Stones tour these days is 20 shows. Not much. And everything is in the pipeline and machine is already set up and ready to roll.
But I am really happy they finished off the new album and I can't wait to hear it.
Crux, I saw several dates on the Steel Wheels tour in 88 and 89. It was my favorite.
The Voodoo Lounge tour in 93 really broke the mold and set the bar very high for what a stadium show could look like. And the sound all of a sudden got light-years better.
Ah well... lots of people I talked with were bummed out about Charlie, and it's a steady reminder of our own mortality.