Channeling a Spirit or Past Life?

Ash17

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just joined the forum and I wanted to ask for your thoughts on something that's been going on in my life for a while. I guess I'll start off by describing a bit about myself and my background.

I graduated high school last year and now I'm a college student. I have never used a Ouija board or Tarot Cards. I did visit the Palmer House once with a friend (it's a supposedly haunted hotel in Minnesota). I didn't experience anything at the hotel and didn't even stay the night.

Now here's what's been happening:

When I was about 16 I started having vivid dreams about being a man in 1930s-1950s England. This is still happening. Sometimes I'll just know things about the UK and then I type my intuitions into Google and, nearly every time, I'm right. Occasionally these experiences are easy to explain away ('maybe I read about it and forgot') and other times there is no logical way that I could have known the things that I know.

The reason why this is hard to handle is that I tend to get very emotional when I read about the UK. I feel protective of the UK - and especially of the English people. It literally makes me feel like puking when I see clips of ghettoes in England. I know that's not a normal way for an 18 year old American woman to feel.

There's a lot more and it's all very hard to describe. I can type up the rest if anyone is interested or if it helps you guys to offer better insight. At this point what I'm asking is:

1. Do you guys think that these feelings and unexplained knowledge could be caused by a ghost trying to communicate with me? Could I be channeling a spirit and feeling what it feels?

2. If this is a genuine past life issue then why doesn't it fit the typical 'past life story' pattern? All the stories about past lives that I've read are about little kids (like James Leininger) who grow out of it when they're 12 or so - and here I am as a college student and this isn't going away.

Reactions: 7Critter
I do believe in reincarnation one way or another. I just don’t know how much of our previous lives we can take with us to the next one.

So in these vivid dreams are you always the same man?

It could be a past life, could be a spirit trying to contact you, it could be a lot of things. What do you feel it could be?
I think we need to hear a little more to piece out this puzzle.

Reactions: Lynne
Welcome Ash to the forum. It sounds like you are sharing a memory regardless of the reason. It may be your spirits or someone else’s. Perhaps it’s just a recurring dream. Do you have any other history of abilities or happenings ? Is this negatively effecting your daily life? Or is this just something occasionally you have to deal with? I will let the owner here, Debi, weigh in on what to do if this has become life altering.

Hi Charleh & Lynne, thanks for getting back to me right away.

So in these vivid dreams are you always the same man?

...What do you feel it could be? I think we need to hear a little more to piece out this puzzle.

To answer those questions:

1. Most of the time I'm the same person. The dreams where I'm in the past are like snapshots and I remember certain things very clearly and other things are a blur.

2. I don't know for sure.

Do you have any other history of abilities or happenings ? Is this negatively effecting your daily life? Or is this just something occasionally you have to deal with? I will let the owner here, Debi, weigh in on what to do if this has become life altering.

I don't have much history of abilities or happenings other than this. Sometimes when my phone beeps I can just sense whether or not its my boyfriend texting me.

As for how this is effecting my life: sometimes I find myself feeling things that are hard to describe. I am trying really hard not to drag politics into this but the person that I am in my dreams was very attached to his country and cared about it very deeply. And sometimes when I look at England I feel like I'm watching my country slowly commit suicide and I can't do anything to change that. That's what really hurts. It's like I slip into this 'save England' mode and there's nothing I can do.

It was worse when I was 16. When this first happened I was 100% convinced that I was remembering a past life and that I'd really, really botched certain things back then. Basically I was having these dreams of goofing off, being lazy, and otherwise wasting time when I should have been trying to do something useful.

I don't know how much this matters but I also used to have some body dysphoria issues when I was 13-16 and they actually got better once I started having these dreams because I was just like 'okay, well I guess maybe I used to have a different body and I'm not used to this one yet' I know that sounds cringey but its how I felt.

Do you feel this is affecting your life in a negative way at all?

Hi Ash. Here's how I would look at this for the moment. It's hard to tell whether it's past life, cell memory, or something you are picking up from a spirit or entity, or if a dream is simply a dream reflecting your own worries and concerns. What matters, however, is how it's affecting you in the now.

I would say you have already started to look at it that way in how it's affecting you in this life. By addressing that you have some of these concerns about your country already, perhaps you are looking for a positive way to bring about changes now. Whether it's your own body issues or the political aspect, how can you use this revelation to make change for yourself in this world? That is the question you need to ask yourself right now.

Sometimes we never find out what sent us the information. Look at the bigger picture of the universe and simply accept it as Divine Energy (or you may prefer the word God) has reached out to send this info/memory to you. What you do with it in this life is the one that currently counts!

Reactions: Lynne and Charleh
I agree with debi. Acknowledging that the memories you have are the past, regrets from that memory can only help you if you learn from them. As debi said, look to the positive changes you can effect in your life. If you learn the lesson I think you will be able to move through this. Even regrets we have in the present life will move to the back of our minds if we acknowledge and learn from them.

Reactions: Charleh