Changes...

I've lost my fear. I was literally scared of my own shadow as a kid. I've recently lost fear of everything, including death. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing but I still don't try to cheat death. I'm still a quiet, shy person.

I've come to accept my differences, and to not mind so much when people find me weird. I have also accepted that I often feel as if I have one foot in both worlds.

Edit: I mean that I have an awareness of both worlds, not about to croak, lol!

Last edited:
Same with me Oz. I am mostly a quiet guy (outside of work). Being around a bunch of trade guys day in and day out you tend to become thick skinned. Working as an electrician i have built confidence and a work ethic far surpassing anything i had when younger. Fishing has not changed much. Still love it and fish more now than i did when i was a kid. Spiritually i have changed quite a bit. I guess that will always be an ever changing aspect. The nasty 'thing' that bothered me doesn't frighten me anymore either. Now i can stand toe to toe with those Things and push back. Once you 'see' what they are and what they are capable of, it makes it easier to kick them back to the lovely dark hole they came from.

Spiritually i have changed quite a bit. I guess that will always be an ever changing aspect. The nasty 'thing' that bothered me doesn't frighten me anymore either.
It is always changing for me too Selectric. I wonder if some of these dark things are sent to test the strength of our spirituality? Most are more annoying than dangerous, or it appears that way.

Unfortunately, the physical stuff comes to mind, aging is a humbling experience. That aside I think I am more understanding and patient with others' problems, but I have learned not to get drawn in past a point. I now will eat peas, onions and lima beans.

Unfortunately, the physical stuff comes to mind, aging is a humbling experience. That aside I think I am more understanding and patient with others' problems, but I have learned not to get drawn in past a point. I now will eat peas, onions and lima beans.
Your comment reminded me of this poem: